SceptileEX Deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Ancient Pokemon Trainer, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lets Welcome SceptileEX to the game! :clap: Lets also say good luck to be one of the domanating decks in Pokemon! ;) Here is the list.

Pokemon21
    Treeckox3
    Grovylex3
    Sceptilex3(Enrgy Tranc)
    SceptileEXx2
    Wurmple(Dragon)x4
    Skittyx2
    Delcattyx2
    Dittox2

Trainers21
    PORx4
    PETMx3
    MooMooMilkx2
    Potionx2
    Town Volunteersx1
    Pokemon Fan Clubx2
    Oraclex2
    Switchx3
    Pokemon Reversalx2

Energy18
    Multi Energyx4
    Grass Energyx14

The deck is all about speed and tried to make it atleast as fast or faster then Blaziken decks.It should start out with some good pokes and give you lots of time to power up your active and get the pokes you need I did consider Rare Candy but I don't know what to take out.I don't realy think it's need with PETM it can get all the Sceptile or some ScetileEX wich are brutal when powered up.Healings are in there if battling Blaziken obviosly.

2. Psyduck

Psyduck New Member

I kinda lik3 it. At our States here in MO, the number 1 seed in the T8 was 6-0 in the Swiss Round play and he was playing Sceptile Ex / Dustox. The deck is good.

Instead of minus this and plus that, I'm gonna copy/paste then edit it. I'll put an * next to the changes...

Here's how I' try it. A 2nd turn Sceptile Ex could B leth4l?.......

Pokemon21
    4 Treecko*
    2 Grovyle*
    3 Sceptile(Enrgy Trans)
    2 SceptileEX
    4 Wurmple(Dragon) (Brilli4nt)
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty
    1 Ditto
    1 Wobby (he'll come in handy)

Trainers25
    4 POR
    4 Oracle*
    3 TV Reporter*
    2 PETM*
    3 Rare Candy*
    3 Pokemon Nurse*
    2 Switch
    1 Town Volunteers

Energy17
    2 Multi Energy (for Wobby)
    15 Grass Energy

TV Reporter and the extra Oracle will give you all the needed speed in the world. Oracle is MAXed out b/c it is broken with Delcatty. The extra Treecko and rare candy are there for speed also. Nurse is excellent in here b/c you can move all the energies and then heal a Sceptile Ex with 140 damage on it...:D
    It look lik3 it might be a bit smoother, but I dunno? The Wobby will come in handy. It WON me my State Championship. Everything else looks good. Maybe testing Dunsparce in here instead, to get you that much needed turn 2 Delcatty or your Tech Ditto....you never know? I also thought of dropping a Grass Energy for a lone Crystal Shard. Hitting something for 100 damage that is Grass Resistant could be damaging....

Good Luck with the deck!

Duck

3. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

Dragon wurmple only lets you search for grass pokemon, right? In a delcatty-using deck, I think dunsparce is still better. In the sceptile/dustox deck, it's understandable. You run 4 wurmple to get your basics, and just toss in a few dustox to go with your rare candy, just to get out the free retreater that poisons nasty.

The trainer engine is speedy, but it makes me nervous that you're running so much energy-dropping (delcatty, TV reporter in the case of psyduck's fix) with only the 1 town volunteers to get it back. I'm not so sure that engine works the most synergistically (is that a word?) with sceptile.

What, no low-pressure system?

4. evilcaturne666

evilcaturne666 New Member

i ran this deck in a modified torney a week ago. the deck had 4 nurses and wailord for blaziken. i did horrible. the format in this game is not modified but blaziken format. if u play septile ur askin to lose. im not bashiing but i lost to every BAr, nineken deck i played.

Good Luck in ur states

5. The reason I don't put Dunsparce in is because it's a waste of time.Fan Club takes care of getting Ditto and Skitty.In the meantime Wurmple gets my Treecko and then pow Rare Candy or a couplr PETM lets me destroy lots of pokemon.SwampertEX, Blaziken, RayquazaEX, ect.This can easily take down BAR decks as I pretty much just said when I listed some Pokemon it can OHKO.So Pcyduck I like your decklist but it needs to be a bit more faster just a bit more. realy like the pokemon line though excet for Wobby.If you realy want him in there I would say

-3 Rare Candy(PETM pretty much does the trick)
    +2 PFC
    +1 Wobby

6. Dañel

Dañel New Member

yes you are rigth you can bring out your treecko but the you have to use 1 supporter to get your skitty and ditto so I thing dunsparce is a better option, also I thing you should put in some warp point and boost energy this mean 100 damage in turn 3. and please play pokemon nurse with one nrg trans sceptile in play the nurse is really great and watch out with your little bro (sceptile the one with lizard poison) I mean solar beam plus strength charm and your sceptile ex will be history.
    I hope this can help you either way good luck against fire decks
    :grass:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2004
  7. Pablo

Pablo New Member

yes u can ohko those pokemon, but can u match their speed to be able to ohko when they ohko? i dont think so, play dunsparce, a fan club is a supporter that could've been a petm or a por and u could've gone one turn further into the game, instead of waiting and getting basics, which dunsparce can do easily and u petm nex turn and u have ur precious t2 delcatty, boost also is a must with sceptile ex, a surprise 100 is nothing to laught at, GL with the deck!

-MuD

8. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 New Member

How does this deck beat BAR? Blaziken swarms alone could handle this deck. :p

Last edited: Apr 11, 2004
  9. Dañel

Dañel New Member

ok maybe this one can't but other sceptile deck can beat a blaze ex deck
    right mudkip?

10. registeel

registeel New Member

I like this deck except I don't think ur going to need 3 Sceptile energy Trans in Gardy ex decks we usally used 3 Gardy's because using more then one when needed will do 20 more damage not just 10 more but in this deck only 1 Sceptile is needed to be out at a time and I agree with Dendrobatida add in some Rare Candy and some Dustox.

11. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Just because you lost doesn't mean APT will. Maybe there's skill involved in pokemon.

COULD IT BE??????

Wooper

12. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

Good deck but Blaize will kill it thats why I ddint even think bout making a grass decks.

13. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

I think it could beat Blaziken ex with maybe another Wobbuffet or 2. Dunsparce is a better choice and you don't need the Fan Clubs. Sceptile ex can ohko everything but Blaze ex and wobs can help that. If they rely on HPS retreating to recharge Blaze ex then Sceptile ex's second attack could be useful.

14. Oh yeah it is useful 40 damage can't retreat poisen take 10 more next turn 100 50+100=150 KO.My Rayquaza/Blaziken deck lost to my friends SceptileEX/MukEX deck but I think part of the reason is I had BlazeEX in my hand and coudn't get it out darn Torchics 4 is anumber that meens they come out when you need them.Here it is now.

Pokemon21
    Skittyx2
    Delcattyx2
    Treeckox3
    Grovylex3
    Sceptliex3
    SceptileEXx1
    Dunsparcex4
    Dittox1
    Wobbufettx2

Trainers25
    Pokemon Nursex4