Science test tommorow...

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by sjmp, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjmp

sjmp New Member

We have a science test tommow, and I was wondering if anyone could "test" me now on electricity and energy?

I'm 14, I don't know what grade that puts me in over in America, but it's quite advanced work.

Thanks, and any words of support/advice would be apreciated.

2. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

What's an open circuit?

3. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

What are two major elements that conduct electricity?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2003
  4. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

When dealing with energy, do opposites attract?

5. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

If you are outside during the a Thunder Storm, in the middle of a field, where is the best place to be? Why?

6. sjmp

sjmp New Member

1. Do you mean a curcuit with an open switch?

2. All metals and graphite

3. yes

4. I would not in the middle of a field! But I would say sitting (or laying) down. Because lightning strikes the highest point (normally). I think thats because it's much easier to go through a solid than a liquid.

So... how did I do?

7. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

1. I can't tell ya without giving it away, so screw it.
    2. Water, Water everywhere...
    3. You are correct sir!
    4. B/C of the positive Ions in your body attract the negative Ions in the Lightning, and lightning strikes the highest point of Positive energy. Yes you would be laying down.
    Gr8 Job!

PM me some of the material you're studying and maybe I can be of a little more assistance. ;)
    -Swampert

8. sjmp

sjmp New Member

I'm pretty sure water isn't an element...

9. sjmp

sjmp New Member

... and actually neither is graphite, so we'll leave that one...

10. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

You're right sorry. I'm thinking of natural elements, not the periodic table... Oh and over here you'd be in 8th or 9th grade.
    -Swampert

11. sjmp

sjmp New Member

8th or 9th? Over here i'm in what's called year 10 (being my tenth year of school).

What age do you start/leave school in America?

And how long do your summer holidays last?

12. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

We leave High School at age 18. College is a different story... We start Kindergarten at age five. Our summer vacations usualy last around 2 Months. Now lets get back on topic:

5. How is Lightning formed?

13. Kyogre

Kyogre <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Do they have Pre-Kindergarden or Kindergarden where you are? B/c if they count those years as 1 and 2 then your year 10 will be the same as our 8 and 9.

14. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Yeah, but it isn't required... Of course I attended Pre-K, but sadly, a lot of my classmates didn't... :X
    -Swampert

15. sjmp

sjmp New Member

5. something to do with water droplets and or clouds rubbing toggether. That stores static electricity that is then dischaged when a large enough potential difference if formed with the Earth?

I mainly have to remeber loads of different formulas (or is it formulie?). For calculating; resistance, current, voltage, charge, time, power loss, energy, power, efficiancy, elicricty costs, "pay-back" time...

Thanks, theese questions are helping me think alot more...

And Kyogre: Kindergarden is called nursery, and it's optional (I never went). I don't know much about it, but thats where people go before they start school (at the age of 4, or 3 in some cases). We have the option to leave at 16, or stay on untill 18. Then there's collage and university and stuff...

Oh, and our summer "vacation" lasts 6 weeks, but the government have been planing to shoten it for awile...

16. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Uh... That's WAY outta my league... Sorry I couldn't help. We haven't covered that stuff in Science yet, that's next semester... still, if you Private Message me some formulas I can atleast try and help...

-Swampert

17. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Actually, graphite is an element. It's a form of Carbon

18. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I knew that... Hey Pop, maybe you can help him! You must be quite the Scholor... ;)
    -Swampert

19. sjmp

sjmp New Member

Yeah that's true...

Swampert, I sent you thoose formulas (or formulie, whatever). maybe I should start testing you?

Thanks

20. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I'm soooooooo sorry, I don't understand any of that... Why don't you have your parents help you? Or a sibling? Again, I'm really sorry... I know the horror of memorizing formulas... I wish I could be of more help... :(
    -Swampert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.