Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Scizor/Starmie returns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
I figured that with all the mumbling about Blaziken ex ruining the format, why not go back to simpler ideas? Gymb0 made the idea way back when, and I figured, "Why not translate it to modern times? We DO have Dunsparce, after all!"

"Jim Ferrel's Latest Album: Dug out of the Grave!" V1.0

Pokemon (24):

3 Staryu
3 Starmie
3 Scyther
3 Scizor
2 Sentret
2 Furret
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
4 Dunsparce

Trainers (18):

4 Oracle
4 TV Reporter
4 Professor Elm's Training Method
4 Switch
2 Desert Shaman

Energy (18):

4 Rainbow
4 Double Rainbow
4 Metal
6 Water

Basically, the old concept with some updates: Delcatty for draw, TV reporter for.....draw, and Double Rainbow for a new definition of speed when coming to EITHER starmie or scizor. The deck is pummeled by Amphy, but an excess of energy on scizor, or a meditite tech would do the trick, no?

Thoughts would be appreciated! I'm not sure if the remake could work, but then again...there's always the possibility!

Last edited:
OK, I just have one fix, though not quite sure where it fits... first off, ditch Furret line... Delcatty Furret is to much.... and Delcatty does this better.... I am assuming we are talking SK W Starmie... but is it that viable against blaze??? I tried it in an old Aggron and wasnt impressed... Think bigger, think Wailord.... IMO.... If it is Starmie I am thinking of, it hits bigger when Special energy is attached to opponent, something not seen as much these days... especially in Blaze... (my BER deck is a weird exception, but seeing as how the Special energy rarely stayed in play, this is still a basic no go...)... so lets see, Spectreon's rendition, (wait I said one fix, lol.... see what you started... deck remodification time....)

Aqua Skizor

Pokemon (20)
4 Sparce (hmmm, I wonder which?)
3 Scyter (maybe a 2-1 split.... I prefer Swift)
3 Scizor (duh, like, umm..... yeah....)
3 Wailmer SS
3 Wailord
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty

Trainers (20)
4 Oracle
4 Reporter
3 Shaman
2 Energy Charge
2 Switch
3 Briney
2 Crystal Shards
1 Fisherman
1 Town Volunteers

Energy (18)
4 Steel
4 DRE
2 Boost
8 Water

I think this deck will have better synergy, IMO... I mean, over kill on the Ranbows, when are you ever gonna out all that on Scizor anyways.... Wailord is better anti Fire, and you can easily Boost KO any thing fire in a blaze deck except Blaze EX itself with Wailord if need be

My original minor fix was 2 fold... Crystal Shard... hit Amphy Hard, hit dragons harder...

And the Briney is just a good card when not playing EX... Plus saves your Special Energy from the dreaded discard pile....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back