Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Scrambled Pictures on Server

Carrington388

Some pictures stored on the server got scrambled recently, most likely by the avatar upload. I found four cases of this: Big Daddy Snorlax's avatar, nick15's avatar, yoshi1001's profile picture, and my own profile picture. I'm sure there are more. There is a way to fix the scrambled image. Re-upload the image and it should be fixed. I did so, and my profile picture is no longer scrambled. You might want to try it yourself.

Carrington388 said:
Some pictures stored on the server got scrambled recently, most likely by the avatar upload. I found four cases of this: Big Daddy Snorlax's avatar, nick15's avatar, yoshi1001's profile picture, and my own profile picture. I'm sure there are more. There is a way to fix the scrambled image. Re-upload the image and it should be fixed. I did so, and my profile picture is no longer scrambled. You might want to try it yourself.

Thanks for the tip - I wondered about that myself! Now Ho-oh is flying again :D

Yes. vBulletin saves the images as code, not hard images, saving us on harddrive space. When you reinsert database information, the code may get scrambled, which happened in this case. Just reupload the images and everything will work fine.

Nick15 said:
I kinda like it being all scrambled up. Makes it.... interesting. ;)

It looks like he is about to digitally faze out like in some kind of Tron movie. :thumb: you should keep it.

yoshi1001 said:
My picture looks fine. It was screwy, but, not anymore. Guess I'm just lucky.

The same thing happened to me. It was messed up, but then I logged in about an hour later and everything was OK. Didn't give it much thought until I saw this post. Hmmm .... :confused:

BDS

Hmm... Nick's looks fine to me. The only one I see (as of now) that's messed up is BDS's. Perhaps if I refreshed... or something.

I noticed that yesterday, when I uploaded it again. I guess nobody loves old Missingno anymore...

I had to upload my picture of me in my Stormtrooper armor again to fix it on my profile. Now if I can only find a away to upload that picture as a avitar, now that would be nice. :thumb: Hint Hint ;)

BPM said:
Hmm... Nick's looks fine to me. The only one I see (as of now) that's messed up is BDS's. Perhaps if I refreshed... or something.

I found something very strange yesterday. I logged on using my desktop computer running older software on Windows 98, and the picture was scrambled. I logged on using my laptop with newer software on Windows 2000 and everything looks fine. Seems to be a bit software dependant. I guess I better load the image again

BDS

I still see the Dancing Missingno version of Nick15 but I'm not complaining. :lol:
On other topics I've seen the scrambled pictures & they seem to be mostly the mods custom avatars, not all of them but Nick15, BDS & someone else. But on this page the pokedex looks fine, its just Nick15

I don't know. I have Win95 (my IT people hate me for never upgrading...) and its not scrambled for me. Although, nick15's is, now that i look at it.

Last edited:
Mine was scrambled too(I have Windoze XP) but I just reloaded it and it`s ok now.

`Sensei

Yeah, the Scrambling does make it interesting... I have mine with the B&W sheep bowing, how the bottom half of the pic has been warped. So personally, I'm NOT going to reload mine - I love it!!!

Back