Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Scrye's Messed up Sandstorm Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveP

Check out the December issue of Scrye magazine, page 131. The prices and raries listed for the Sandstorm EX cards are ALL MESSED UP! They've listed ALL the Sandstorm EX cards as SRF (super rare foil). Now, I wonder how they came up with that information! For anyone who has collected Sandstorm, they know that the EX Pokemon are more common than the regular foils (not reverse foils). If anything, the regular foils should be listed as SRF too, and priced higher! Hopefully, Scrye will get this corrected in their next issue because the Sandstorm EX prices are WAY TOO HIGH, except for maybe the broken, highly-popular Gardevoir card.

Anyway, does anyone out there know how Scrye comes up their intial prices for releases? I know that they get their data for older releases from industry sales figures. For example, a store I know in Denver submits monthly reports to Scrye of their card prices, which Scrye uses with many other store submissions to tabulate card prices (for older releases). I assume that for just-released sets, because Scrye doesn't have enough sample data, they get the prices from some reliable source. Evidently, the scource who provided Scrye with the Sandstorm information was HIGHLY MIS-INFORMED!

Just curious.

Last edited:
That is totally true. Same for R/S too! I have so much EX and not many holos.

Wild *** Guess.
In the sense of a stupid donkey.
Let's see if the auto censor *'s that.

Nintendo should make the holos as rare as the EXs and the EXs as rare as the holos. It used to be so easy to get holos, but now you have to buy 3 boxes of the set just to complete the set, and you end up with 20 EXs. The boosters should say 1/8 packs contains a holo instead of 1/3. I bought 8 packs of Sandstorm yesterday and only got one holo. Why is Nintendo so scwooowy?

You can't really say that it should be 1/8. I'm sure that when they produced the packs, the entire ratio out of all produced was 1/3. Just because this is so, doesn't mean that you automatically get one holo out of every three packs. You may happen to pick up, as you did, more of the packs without them.

The rarity of holos vs EX pokemon may also be due to that there are less EX pokemon, making it more likely for you to get a complete set of those before you gather a complete set of the normal holos.

okay guys, here's the rarity for 2nd-print R&S and Sandstorm:

EX Foil - 1:6 packs
non-EX Foil - 1:6 packs

EX or Foil - 1:3 packs

Hey TheRealWobby, are you counting EX foils? Also, stay away from the Blister packs. I once bought an entire Sandstorm Blister case (24 packs) at Target and only got 1 EX foil. Someone at the packing plant probably got greedy or REALLY messed up. Buy complete boxes or buy packs from hobby/game stores. I've had better luck there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back