SE WI Theme Deck Tourney 1/18!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Broken Lizard, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Broken Lizard

Broken Lizard New Member

Sunday 1/18/04 at Hobbytown USA, 17115 Bluemound Rd., Brookfield, WI.

Registration opens at 12:30, with a 1:00 tournament start. The cost is $10.

A new twist on a standard format: Theme Deck Draft!

Each player gets a theme deck and 2 LC packs. After opening and reviewing the theme deck's contents, the players will draft the 2 LC packs (in pods).

The idea is that drafting the packs may help improve the theme decks more than just opening the 2 sealed packs. We'll see! After drafting, players will assemble 40-card decks as usual. Pods will then be dissolved into one large age-modified swiss pool.

At the very least this will be FUN! :D

Last edited: Jan 3, 2004
  2. PokeWisconsin

PokeWisconsin New Member

Sounds great! I'll most likely be there. sealed events are a lot of fun!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2004
  3. Rulemaster

Rulemaster New Member

Sounds good, I REALLY hope I don't have to work that day. See you all there ( :D ).

4. HypnosProjectHQ

HypnosProjectHQ New Member

I'll make sure I can go. No doubt, I'll be able to.

5. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

My son and i will be there. And possibly with other league members.

6. HypnosProjectHQ

Wow! One week there are two tournaments. The next week two weeks are "off" weeks. Then there is this tournament. Then an "off" week. Finally, the City Championships. I knwo for cities I probably won't have to do a whole lot of play testing. Hopefully... (watch... Wednesday at league this week, everyone will be TeChing Gardevoir/ex). Dats my luck! :)

7. JasonthePwnda

JasonthePwnda New Member

what are the prizes, and what theme decks going to be used?

8. Broken Lizard

Broken Lizard New Member

The theme decks are a variety: mostly early ones (up to BS2), with a few newer.

The prizes will be packs usable in Modified Format (Expedition, Aquapolis or Skyridge).

9. Broken Lizard

Broken Lizard New Member

That's exactly why I love the limited formats... no one can just copy a decklist or run an archetype! It's all about skill in making the best of cards you'd normally never even think of using.

The draft component makes the skill requirement even higher.

And the playing field is so beautifully level. The players (like me) who own the cards to make every imaginable deck have no advantage over a person who only has a few cards in their binder.

I can't WAIT! :D

10. HypnosProjectHQ

Lol. Could you have waited now? Good games everyone. Congradulations David and Niki. Top 2 is the place you wanna be. (Niki's prolly cursing over Seadra right now still.) lol

11. AXE

AXE New Member

Really fun tourney! Excelent job everyone! Thank You