Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

seaford, rhode island CC report-3rd

garchompx12

i head down to seaford for my next CC. i decide to play galactic(gardylade, absol) seniors-5 rounds
with a cut to top 4

round 1- Bye
aww i wanted to pay but its still a free win :D

1-0

round 2-????? w?????
all i see is a sandshew. turn 3 gallade DRE fighting GG

2-0

round 3- Michael D w/goldielocks(vire/absol)
we keep on exhanging blows until it gets down 1 to 1 prize. i have active gardy lv.X and he
has vire lv.X. he pulse barriers my lake boundary, and he doesnt realize that i can just bring down his
vire d FTW gg/

3-0

round 4-Chris F w/gardylade/furret
we both start building gardy/gallades and when finally getting set up, we start exhanging prizes.
i copycat for 15 cards, and get EVERYTHING i need, and then......TIME doh! well that sucks gg

3-1

round 5-David S w/Galactic (mirror)
he gets absolutely nothing, and i win 2 wagers. i win turn 4 or 5.

4-1

the top 4 looks like this: 1st- zach a-flyganium
2nd-conner a-gardylade
3rd-me-gardy lade
4th-chris f-gardylade

top 4:
game 1: i destroy his only attacker and just roll through everything else.

game 2: we both get good starts but he getws out a T2 gallade and when time is called he has
1 less prize than me

so we have to play a sudden death game-1 to 1 prize

i build up gardevoir but i cant KO his mismagius and he 1HKOs me. gg

soooo i come in 3rd.

props-
coming in third
conner for coming in 1st
the glassetts for driving me

slops-
making a crucial misplay
traffic

Last edited by a moderator:
Look in the Tournament Rules, section 18 for determining matches in best 2 of 3.

Here is the short version.

• If you win game one and game two is not complete (he has one prize less than you) and time is called. You still win. No incomplete matches.
  • If you win game one and he wins game two and you are in the middle of setting up the third match, you play to sudden death.
  • If you win game one and he wins game two and you are in the third game, whomever has taken the most prizes when time is called wins. If tied on prizes, whomever takes first prize wins (not sudden death with one Prize each).

Sorry to say, you should have won your match against Chris.

Sorry Chris.

Steve

Back