Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Searching for a Place to Call "Home"

tia3

I have been there since the beginning. First, I simply played with decks and strategims. Soon, the basic set evolved to include jungle, then fossil. Without money to spend and transportation to events, my attention waned. But my creative energies needed an outlet. That's when I found the Fiction Forum. The very first Pokegym would not have been complete without it. There was quite a following on that little forum. Then one day, it all stopped. The long-promised refurbished Fiction Forum never appeared on the WizPog forums, and a great following was lost.

One day, I returned to the WizPog forums after a long sabatical. Little writing and no pokemon. But the creative juices still flow, and I still need a place to write. When I heard about the new forum, i though that, perhaps, we could have a complete Pokegym again. One which melds tcg player and writer, card creater and lyricist.

Please, help this dream become a reality. Any writers here? Post and tell Team Compendium that you want a forum to call your very own, a forum where writers of pokemon stories can gather, share ideas, and just plain have fun!! Isn't that what Pokemon is all about?

============================================
To view another related post on the old forums, visit:

http://archivedboards.wizards.com/tcg-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=89

I'm not gonna say peep about what we have planned. :) But from one person to another, considering that we (the mods) are in control, you can be darn sure that there's going to be a lot of things done here that we couldn't do at WizPOG. :p

Let's see... how did it start for me? I began playing Pokémon TCG when it first came out in February of 1999. I didn't stumble across the original Pokégym until sometime in the beginning of 2000 though. While I posted some at the recent Wizard's Pokégym, I never quite got back into the spirit of it all after the original closed. Aww... those were the good ol' days, helping create and perfect the Dark Vileplume "Hayfever" deck with a few fellow Pokémon TCG masterminds, discussing the current state of the Pokémon TCG universe, and battling it out on Apprentice. Today marks the first time I have posted in a Pokégym forum in over a year... I was fortunate enough to return just in time to post one last time at Wizard's Pokégym, as well as witness the birth of this new one.

I second tia3's request to bring back the Fiction Forum! IMHO, it is a vital part of what makes the Pokégym great and was the missing element for me in the Wizard's Pokégym.

To the future!

Matthew :)

Well most people know me for me knack with working with people on decklists and talking heavy strategy when it comes to gameplay.

But there's a softer side to this rugged Deck Mech. I enjoy writing, especially poetry. I have no musical or artistical talents. But I do enjoy reading and writing. So I would love a chance to demonstrate some of my talents and read other people's fine works.

Just my thoughts,

~Jim Ferrell

Hmm...well,does everyone want a FanFic forum?

Speak up!I DON`T HEAR YOU!!!!!

:clap:

`Sensei

Am not very experienced in my writing but I sure enjoy it. I would love to have a Fan fic fourm were i could continue my poke-sagas.

(Thats one vote for yes :) )

Not sure I'd personally visit it, but I agree that a fanfic forum would be a VERY good idea. You have my vote for it!

I can`t HEAR YOU!

If you want a Fanfic forum,let`s hear from more people!

`Sensei

i think what would be most beneficial to the 'gym would be a GENERAL fiction forum, for this reason:

Some of us arent still into pokemon the way everyone else is, but we still love the 'gym and the people. We want to post stories here because this is a GREAT place to be!!!

We need a Fiction Forum!

Or, better yet (and this is somewhat serious)...

A FANFIC FORUM AND A GENERAL FICTION FORUM!

:D

Last edited:
marril- the reason i would oppose two separate fiction forums is this:

1. there arent enough people to warrant it,

2. pokemon doesnt have the backing it once had.

if we split the forum, we split the readership. no, one forum would be best. there arent the 2000 or 4000 or however many people there were at the first pokegym.

:clap:Go Fiction Forum!!!:clap:

Back