Season 8 kits R In and the promo is.........

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by NMScizor, Mar 25, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NMScizor

NMScizor New Member

Flygon Holo!!!!! both the winner and non winner r holo versions of #15 from Dragon
    plus the new badge is the Heat badge. The card looks great. Reprint with a new look.

The letter also states that there will be no more oversized cards. :(
    The cards were not percived as cool and, due to the small numbers, were a high cost per user item.

Also stated is that they working on relaunching the league after Worlds, that will feature new stuff. :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2004
  2. Nick15

Nick15 Member

YAY for GOOD promos!
    NAY for no Jumbos!

Well, you win some, you lose some. :D

3. kingkyle3

kingkyle3 New Member

WOW! Hopefully this is a sign for good things to come...

4. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

Hey nick, i thought it was Potion -_-;

5. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

Not a Potion, it was suppose to be a berry to go along with the other one we got in season 7.

6. Gym Leader Blaine

That is cool that it is a nice holo version of a card and not just a berry. I wonder if they are shorting kits again like they did with season 7?

7. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

One other step they took to reduce costs is to send only 1 set of advertising materials (posters and clings) per order.

8. Gym Leader Blaine

That makes sence since a single store doesnt need 4 copies of window clings and posters.

9. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

So no dot coded cards? Yay for me! :)

10. RainbowRichards

Nope - they're holos :).

11. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Just why are they cutting costs on league kits yet being so generous with Tourneys?

Sorry to say cutting leagues back is not good and I wonder if the revamp means less in the kit and less kits for all?

12. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

What generosity with tourneys? Only with POP sponsored ones. If you run one by yourself you don't get any support. Unless you're in Europe. Then you get those promos.

& Flygon # 15 from Dragon? Why not Flygon from the 7-11 series??????

13. Nick15

Nick15 Member

That makes sence since a single store doesnt need 4 copies of window clings and posters.

I heartfully agree. :D

14. Professor Dav

Professor Dav Master Trainer

Let's recap.

While the comment will more than likely be "The UK doesn't have Badges", you're commenting on things that are happening here in the US, so that's what this discussion will be about.

When we rolled out, our kits contained a Poster, Window Cling, Oversized Card, 16 Non Winner Promos and 8 winner promos, in addition to the paper materials.

Now, our kits contain a Poster (one per store) , Window Cling (one per store) 16 Non Winner Promos, 8 winner promos and SIXTEEN BADGES as well as the paper materials.

We have been INCREASING the costs of our league kits overall, which has led to the need to more tightly CONTROL the costs of each kit, as well as the distribution. If I allow someone to order 4 kits to support 16 players, that is completely non-cost effective for our leagues, as I've now supplied 64 Badges for 16 kids. In addition, those kids are going to be earning promos like crazy, which is not the idea.

I'll leave that to you to imagine exactly what will happen to the league after Worlds. I already know, and I think it's going to be great.

Professor Dav

15. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Go going Nintendo, this is great news. If Nintendo can keep supplying us with great promos, maybe add some cool league challenges or new activities, the league will be an unstoppable force.

16. HypnosProjectHQ

HypnosProjectHQ New Member

I'm not too happy with this new promo. At league last night (before hearing about the new promo Flygon), I was talking about how easy the Dragon rares are to get. As an example, I pulled out my 15 rare Flygons and said, "I haven't paid for a single one of these...".

17. RainbowRichards

Just finished reading the Season 8 League instructions very carefully - the points for awarding the participation promo have been doubled from 100 to 200 (so, giving out cards only 1/2 as frequently).

FWIW, this League Leader did appreciate the Jumbo "thank-yous" of seasons gone by...

18. ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma New Member

any scans of this flygon promo ?

19. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

I'd like to add that the jumbo was being made of worse and worse material, so taking away something lame for something cool is great in my book. Doubling the points for a promo is worth it in my book, IF we get cool holo promos that aren't energy, set trainers, or exact duplicates of cards.

20. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

I'm courious... again, I don't really play the game (as we all know), but do the players really care about the badges? Do they perfer these, or would they perfer more/unique promos, the jumbo cards or who knows what...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.