Seattle, WA League...finally

Discussion in 'Pokémon League' started by votalesin, Sep 14, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. votalesin

votalesin New Member

For all those western washington residents,

There is no league in Seattle. There's one in Kirkland, and Lakewood, and Mukilteo.

Seattle hosted worlds once, and we don't even have a league? Come on....

I found a place that would be willing to let a league run once a week as a community event type deal. The question is, if a league was to start on Saturday mornings, would anyone come? I need to get them more info if I am interested, and they are curious as to how many people would come on a regular basis. The other catch is this, the room and staff cost money.

It would be open for anyone to come in, but it would have to cost $3-5 to participate every week. Would anyone be willing to pay for it seeing as most leagues are free, and this would be one of the only ones that cost money.

Location is Laurelhurst Community Center in North Seattle. About a mile from University Village (if anyone knows where that is) located in the middle of a residential area. http://www.seattle.gov/parks/centers/laurelcc.htm

Based on responses to this thread I can judge how many people I need to plan for. Also, just as a question, how much would you be willing to spend every week just to play at league?

2. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

But there is now a Seattle League...Go to the League Locator and find the following listing:

David N has already been in contact with this league.......

Address: 2203 Queen Anne Ave. N.
    City: Seattle
    State: Washington
    Postal Code: 98109

Saturdays, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM

3. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

This would be close for me, but I know a lot of players live closer to the Renton Pokemon League, which also goes Saturday mornings. Be interesting if we could finally get a Seattle City Championship at one of these places.

4. votalesin

votalesin New Member

This league has started in just the last few days then. I plan to go and support my hometown. Thanks for the update pokeplayer!

5. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

PT...

The plan is to have a City Championship at this location if things work out....

6. pokeMATHter

pokeMATHter Active Member

Note that the link to the store's website is broken. The OP site left out a "y"

http://bluehighwaygames.com

should work.

It is a great store, with a bunch of young kids who are learning to play.

7. votalesin

votalesin New Member

Its getting much better as the weeks go by. The kids are actively wanting to learn and get better. I told one of the players today that I wasn't going to remind him to draw cards anymore, he always forgot.

Nearly every turn with every player went something like...I attack, your turn...I ATTACK AND DO 10 DAMAGE!

No draw, no trainers, no powers, evolutions.....I stopped reminding players how to play after the first few turns and the games were over quickly. One kid asked what happens when he has no cards in his hand. I told him that when that happens, you remember how it feels, and next game, you remember to draw so it doesn't happen. Next game I saw him play, he tried to draw a card every time he did something. Not exactly what I meant, but its a start.

There's room for the league to grow, and there will be a cities there, a very crowded cities with difficult parking, but a cities nonetheless.