Secret Wonders

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by mikado, Nov 4, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikado

mikado New Member

I was at my local pre-release and it seems to me that theyre getting lazy at what cards they put in the new sets, why so many repeats of trainers? its sad that the pop packs arent really worth winning but now the new sets are following suit. plus the fact that there is still no basic lands again in the packs so the new players are forced to by theme decks, some of which are going to be out of date soon.

Mikado

2. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Lands =/= Energy. This isn't magic *SHOT*

The only basic energy that most players want to see in packs nowadays is Basic Metal and Basic Dark, 'cause they're so hard to find in Diamond/Pearl 1 (unlike the Japanese packs, which IIRC have a energy in each pack). The new Starter decks should have each type of energy now... right? Let's see...

DP1: You've got Grass and Dark in one, Fire and Fighting in another, and Water and Metal in the last.
    DP2: You've got Grass and Fighting in one, and Water and Metal in another.
    DP3: You've got Electric and Fighting in one, and Fire and Grass in another.

Fine. We're missing Psychic in a starter deck. With Cresselia in the next set, I'd be surprised if this isn't changed.

As for the trainer reprints, I don't think anyone's pleased with that. There's no way MT will rotate out before SW, meaning the Bebe's Reprint is completely useless. There's also almost no way DP1 will rotate out before SW, so most of those reprints are useless too (it IS possible... I REALLY hope not, but it IS possible :/)

3. Skitty

Skitty New Member

The reason SW had some many reprint trainers is because there were only 3 trainers in the Japanese set.
    Would you rather they kept just the 3 trainers? Or add in reprints to help new players?

4. larllt

larllt New Member

Kept the three trainers. Getting one decent trainer from the prerelease would have been nice.

5. mcoville

mcoville New Member

if they wanted to reprint trainers why not something useful like rare candy or celio's or, here is a stretch but, why not Castaway? Also I think they dropped the ball with only 2 Lv Xs. I mean we are falling way behind the Japanese sets. I hope they do better with the next set since it will be available for US States Tourneys and regionals.

6. Skitty

Skitty New Member

Well Rare Candy is in DP4 and Celeo's has been it far too many sets already IMO.
    Castaway would have been a good idea though.
    Windstorm and/or Censation Crystal would have been nice too.

7. Luxatos

Luxatos <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Castaway might be a good addition to NEXT set, but it wouldn't have fit in SW since there were no Tools.

I also am almost certain they're not going to reprint Celio's Network. It's better than Bebe's Search in every way in a format without EXs, and it's pretty obvious Bebe is here to stay as the all-purpose Pokemon searcher.

As for the "lack" of trainers, I'm happy with reprints of Professor Rowan and Night Maintenance. Pokemon Reversal and Energy Removal 2 would have been nice, but I'm not holding my breath for them. That said... I'm just a little disappointed there aren't basic energies in here. Basic dark and metal are nigh-impossible to get at a reasonable price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.