Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Security at Worlds LCQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugsbite

I have a question about security at the event.

Both me and my daughter are going to play in the LCQ, she is a Junior. What are the the security precautions that prevent her from being abducted during the event if the Masters and Juniors are playing at the same time? Do they play at the same time? Are there wristbands etc.? Thanks!!!

If it's like the US Nationals, it's up to you to keep track of your child. Masters and Juniors play at the same time and Masters will have a few extra rounds. You'll need a system with your kids to keep track of them or someone else to watch them if you play. At least, it's only Pokemon and not the other games like at US Nationals.

BTW, I dig the Doctor Who quote!

I would expect that you are still responsible for your daughter, as I will be responsible for my son (age 7) who is playing in the Grinder.

I am not going to tell you how to keep track of your child, but if it truly is something you are uncomfortable with, then the option may be for you not to play in the Grinder.

Pokemon USA (PUI) have never, to my knowledge, taken on the responsiblity of taking care of a child during an event, whether it be Worlds or a City Championship.

I think it would be foolish for them to take on such responsibility.

This is definitely where having friends and a plan ahead of time really pays off.

Vince

We were at Worlds in 2006. My son was sick in the room, so my wife stayed with him. I was unable to play in the LCQ, because I was watching my daughter. It was a big room, with a lot of people coming and going, there was no way I could let my daughter wander around while I was focused on my matches!

I am going to try again this year. See you in Orlando!

Thanks guys.

I figured so, I was thinking they had a system like Chucky Cheese's.

I don't know who or what Chucky is, but I can give you an advice.
If you have a cellphone, write the number on the arm of your child.
In case they feel lost, or can't find you, they can always ask somebody to call the number.
(don't forget to put your phone on silent mode during play).

i do u have any friends going to the tourniment with u that have sons/daughters that r your sons/daughters age. i would just make an area for all of them, and there is strength in numbers.

there are different playing area for masters srs and jrs.
at nats the sections were kinda walled off.
it would be kinda hard for someone to get in there un noticed.

if there is a master who you know well who dropped you can always ask them to help out. I watch other peoples kids all the time here.

I suggest giving her a prepaid cell pone (put it on vibrate during the event)

thanks again.

I think I might find some people I know hanging around, but the cell phone idea should work if needed.

Next question. Where do the kids go when they finish a round?

Last edited:
the players *must* leave the play area (within the pipe-and-drape) when their match is over, so it would be best to arrange a meeting place (example: 'wait for me next to the piplup inflatable/trophy case/etc') once you see how the tournament room is set up.

'mom

At Nationals I always knew where my son was. In the far right hand corner playing with the poke beach balls. This is where a bunch of the kids went between matches to hang out with friends. I'm sure they will find a place at Worlds to come together as well.

Also, they usually have a place set up for the non-playing parents. This might be a good place to have your daugher go when she is done with her match.

My wife and I have hired a babbysitter (someone we know) who was already going to worlds but was not particpating in the grinder. Otherwise there is no way that we could all 3 particpate in the grinder (Our daugter and us.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back