Seeking Feedback for Em"flail"eon / IVs good enough?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by MegaVelocibot, Sep 15, 2007.

1. MegaVelocibot

MegaVelocibot <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Hey there. I've been working on the breeding chain for a Flailing Agility Empoleon. For those of you who don't know the chain...

1. Catch Magikarp
    2. Raise to level 30 (Flail get!)
    3. Catch female Horsea / Seadra
    4. Breed female Horsea with male Magikarp for Flailing Horsea
    5. Level Horsea to Agility, teach Waterfall (and Endure?)
    6. Breed male Empoleon with Adamant Ditto for Adamant Female Piplup
    7. Breed male Flailing Horsea with Adamant Female Piplup for Adamant Flailing Piplup.

Now, I just started on step 7, and my first Adamant Piplup's IVs are 20 / 29 / 24 / 29 / 8 / 31. Do you think this is good enough, or should I continue trying to breed a better one?

2. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

Re-breed for better SpD, the other stats are great.

3. MegaVelocibot

MegaVelocibot <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Well, that's the thing... the other stats came out great, but I'm worried that if I rebreed, they won't be as good. I would intend to use this as the father, though.

Is Special Defense that important on the little guy, though?

4. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

I think that his SpD is important. I suggest breed him and if you don't get any good ones, just train him. just be sure to put any egg moves he has in the last spot so they won't be deleted. Or save before breeding.

5. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

if you intend to not use special attck moves (Agility, Flail, Waterfall, Endure) it's sub-standard. If you repeated step 4 until you got a max speed (or attack) Horsea then repeated step 6 until you got a max attack (or speed to correspond) then bred THOSE in step 7, then 6% of your babies have the 31 IVs in attack and speed.

When you get your desired Male Piplup with 31IVs in Attack and Speed you can breed that with the lone 31IV Ditto in attack/speed. Now 1 in 9 of your eggs have the IVs in attack and speed instead of 1 in 17. Breed 9 lots of 5 babies and you should have 5 with 31 in attack and speed of which you pick the one with the best defensive IVs (def/sdef/hp).

6. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

The only thing is, if you're Flail for Empoleon, you only really need to be able to get in 1 Agility and then Endure (correct me if you're not using Endure, I'm just guessing from the general endure/flail/reversal sets). So instead of rebreeding right away, you could always run some damage calcs to determine if you could survive 1 Electric attack anyways with the current IVs.

Otherwise, personally, Empoleon's biggest threat I think would be an EQ user (like Garchomp), and most Empoleons won't live through an EQ anyways. So yeah, just my opinions.