Self milling rhyperior.

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by The Knee, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Knee

The Knee New Member

Pokemon-19

4x Rhyhorn
    3x Rhydon
    2x Rhyperior
    2x Rhyperior lv.x(not sure if i want this, or a 3-1 line)

4x Regirock

2x Claydol
    2x Baltoy

Trainers-25

4x Rossanne's research
    4x Bebe's search
    2x Premier ball
    2x Quick ball
    3x Felicities drawing
    3x Warp point
    2x Night matinence
    2x Stark mountain
    2x Rare candy

Energy-16

16x Fighting energy

Boy, What a messy looking deck. It works though. Quite well at that. Start with Regirock. If you don't it's okay. Don't worry, be happy. Set up claydol and Regirock as fast as possible. Once you have your regirocks, dump as many energies as you want, while making sure to leave at least 3 around until you have rhyperior line powered up. Regirock, while not an amazing attacker, can do 40-70 on turn two, and is consistent enough to take a few prizes. However, around turn 5 is when the gears start turning. At this point you should have a regirock set-up, another on the bench, and a rhyperior line as well as a claydol line set-up. Get your opponent's active as low as you need, then, revenge kill with rhyperior, reloading all your energies back into your deck. At this point, your deck should be thin enough that by playing the odds, you are getting 3-5 energies each Hard crush. This can OHKO any pokemon in the game. You can continue to do this for about 3 turns until you have to reload again. This more or less equates to 3 turns of one hitting whatever they bring out. Due to rhyperior's massive 170 hp, they won't be Ko'ing you in any less then 3 attacks, unless it is kingdra. (Even frosslass takes 3 attacks, with weakness factored in.)

Not much testing yet, but against what i have tested....

Rhyperior vs Eeveeloutions- Regirock Donk's the basic Eevee's, and by the time rhyperior hits the field, it can kill anything out there before they can kill it. Leafeon X can be troublesome if you let it set them up too much, but this shouldn't be a large problem

Matchup- 7/3 In favor of Rhyperior

Kingdra- Not good. At all. Just about unwinnable honestly..... Regirock and Rhyperior are both 2x Weak to water and kingdra outspeeds the deck something terrible. As much as i hate to say it, this is probably the worst possible matchup

2/8 in Kingdra's favor.

Froslass- Once again, Froslass is faster then rhyperior. However, if regirock can get a few donks earlygame, then rhyperior comes and smashes froslass lategame. Probably more difficult to win then to lose >.>

4/6 in froslass's favor.

Luxray- Not as great of a matchup as it looks. Regirock, while able to donk, can also get donked right back. Luxray does 130 against Rhyperior X with resistence factored in. Probably about a 50-50 matchup, although i haven't tested it yet.

No other matchup's yet. Sorry.

2. Politoed666

Politoed666 New Member

Lookin' good! You've also got a problem with Empoleon, though.

3. ShuckleLVX

ShuckleLVX Active Member

a stacked empoleon can ohko him >.<

4. The Knee

The Knee New Member

Any suggestion of what to drop for bubble coat? It is needed.

5. ragingphantom

ragingphantom New Member

2 night maintenances. rhyperior does a fine job of recycling energy

6. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

-1 Rhyhorn
    -1 Premier Ball
    -1 Rhydon
    +3 Bubble Coat

This looks pretty interesting. I'll try it out.

7. MrDrif

MrDrif New Member

30 energy is better than 16 in this deck.

8. ragingphantom

ragingphantom New Member

half a deck of energy is never good. youll be drawing energies instead of trainers and pokemon.

9. MrDrif

MrDrif New Member

Look at the Rhyperior Lv.X's first attack. :p
    So 30 energy IS good.

My decklist:
    Pokemon:
    4-3-2-2 Rhyperior Lv.X

Trainer:
    4 Bebe
    4 Great Ball
    4 Premier Ball
    4 Quick Ball
    4 Rare Candy
    1 Night Maintenance

Energy:
    28x :fighting:

10. ragingphantom

ragingphantom New Member

again, all you will ever draw is:fighting:.:nonono:
    and once you cycle out everything but energies, hard crush does gyaracatty all over again

11. The Knee

The Knee New Member

The point of the deck is at lategame to have a high enough ratio of energy to other cards to get 3-5 energies per hard crush while minimizing earlygame losses. If i were to run your build, and not draw into a rare candy, what would i do? What would i do if my basic got donk'ed by one of the fast decks in the format?

It's not a good idea in my opinion, but if you think it works, go for it.

12. ShuckleLVX

ShuckleLVX Active Member

I prefer Dialga IFIDS for this, as opposed to regirock. Lets you put 3 energy on top of your deck from your discard when you play it.

13. The Knee

The Knee New Member

I love IFDS, and i run a build of rhyperior with IFDS included, i just seem to get a sour response everytime i put IFDS cards in a decklist.

14. ragingphantom

ragingphantom New Member

why would people give you sour responses to ifds cards? they shouldnt be mad for designing decks with cards that arent "in American format".

15. DarkMagnus

DarkMagnus New Member

unown ? allows the major discard of nrg and gives card draw late game as well its something to look into

16. ragingphantom

ragingphantom New Member

unown requires an attack to discard. also bronzong MT can discard energies for regirock set up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.