Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Serperior Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright you guys, so today I went to the Prerelease and noted the synergy of Serperior and Reuniclus and decided to make a deck out of it. This deck is solid, but runs painfully slow. It has problems setting up as well. Any and all help is appreciated :)

Pokemon

4-3-4 Serperior (2 Royal Heal)
2-2-2 Reuniclus
2-2 Sunflora HGSS
1-1 Metapod HGSS
4 Spiritomb AR

T/S/S

2 PONT
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Expert Belt
4 Switch
1 Flower Shop Lady

Energy

10 Basic Grass
2 Rescue Energy

STRATEGY: This deck is all about speed. Start with Snivy, Sunkern, and Solosis and start swarming Serperiors by turn three. Use Sunflora's Sunshine Grace to set up faster. Attaching an expert belt to Serperior gives him added survivability and more power when he strikes. Metapod is there so this deck does not auto-lose to fire types. If Serperior starts to take too much damage, use Reuniclus' Damage Swap ability to move the damage onto him or somebody else on the bench and just heal it by stacking the Royal Heal Ability and Leaf Storm to heal 40 damage to everyone a turn (!!).

SCANS:

Max Potion: Item

Remove all damage from one of your pokemon. Discard all energy
attached to that pokemon.

Last edited:
I Would take out:
- 1-1-1 Serperior
-2 Interviewer's
-3 Max Poison
-1 Bebe's
-1 Rare Candy

Put in:
+1 BTS
+2 Uxie
+1 Azelf
+1 Unown Q
+2 Collector
+1 Switch
+3 Seeker

Why take out the Max Potions and the 1-1-1 line of Serperior? I need those! I do not want to add Uxies and Azelfs in to this deck because I am not sure how long it will be until the are gone, but if I have to, I will.

---------- Post added 04/22/2011 at 07:23 PM ----------

*Sigh* Fine. Edited.

-3 Max Potions
-1 Bebe's Search
-2 Interviewer's

+1 Collector
+2 Uxie
+1 Azelf
+1 Unknown Q
+1 Switch

I decided that I can just heal with Serperior, so I need to keep him. Also, I was being stupid when I decided not to add Uxie, but next rotation, I will have nothing for draw.

Last edited:
WAIT! I just look up Max Potion on the Research Tower and found nothing. Is it in the new set?

Wow. I made a deck revolving aroun this exact strategy. Great minds?
Anyway, My deck was for next year while this one is for the current rotation.

For now, cut the Max P's and replace them with 2 twins and an extra switch.

You know, the great thing about this deck is that if you have a full setup, you can heal off ANY non lethal damage in one turn.

Let's say..
Active: Non-Royal Heal
Bench: Reun, Meta, Sunf, 2 Royal Heal

Non royal heal has 150 due to expert belt, takes an 140 hit.

1. Heals away 20 due to royal heal: 120
2. Splits it evenly among everyone: 20-20-20-20-20-20
3. Use Leaf Storm: 0-20-0-0-0-0
4: Use royal heal to get rid of the 2 on Reun: 0-0-0-0-0-0

Only real problem is dishign out lots of damage, but 60-80 per turn for 2 energy ain't half bad.

Reuniclus isn't good this format or next format.

This format = Luxray LvX
Next format = Pokemon Catcher

Use Shaymin LvX instead.

Reuniclus isn't good this format or next format.

This format = Luxray LvX
Next format = Pokemon Catcher

Use Shaymin LvX instead.

I beg to differ. Not only does Reun make you basically immortal (as I've gone out of my way to explain), you can set it up on the bench without having to worry about A: having Shaymin killed bringing it up to active or B: a bad coin flip if you want to keep it on the bench and rely on Level Max. PLus, Reuniclus would add to the deck's longevity, as I can see this deck being popular among next year, when most of the good X's are retired, along with Azelf, Unown Q, and everything else most people base their decks around these days.

tl;dr, Reuniclus should stay because it's better.

@Dragon: If I were you, I'd try my best to make this legal for when the current meta is history. Against the wicked-fast setup and donkpower of today's decks, this deck is rather sub-par when it comes to setup speed. But when BTS and stuff get tossed, this deck will be fast by comparioson to the plethora of Stage 2 decks that will inevitably be made. So kick the Azelfs and the like and go foursies on Switch. Add some Elm's training and more PONT for when you're running on empty and voila!

Last edited:
That is why this deck is so reliant on speed. When I tested this, I can get most of my stuff out by turn 2, meaning that the opponent will still be trying to set up and prepare all of their basics.

Exactly. And by the time they have their heavy hitters out, they won't be getting much done unless they can do 130-150 damage in short order. And most of this deck's setups have around 80-90 HP, and with Metapod help it's unlikely they can be brought up with Catcher and OHKO'd. Even if they are, you can still set up again in short order with FS Lady and the like.

Setup Priority List:
Serperior (Duh? No attacker, no damage.)
Reuniclus (No Reuniclus, no immortality.)
Sunflora/Metapod(Do Metapod first if you're facing a :fire: deck, otherwise get Sunny out there.)

Here's the list I'm using.

4-3-4 serperior (2 of each current serperior)
2-2-2 reniculous
2-2 sunflora

4 candy
1 prof. juniper
4 switch
2 Twins
3 collector
4 communication
2 elm's training
1 flower shop lady
4 expert belt
3 PONT

12 Grass energy

P.S. Communication is fun to use with this deck, because chances are you can get back what you sent immediately with Sunflora. Trololol!

Still relatively fast. You can have a good Serp up in about 2-3 turns, and use Sunflora and your search engine to setup a buncha other serps in short order. Again, it may be slow against the Lake Trio-heavy decks of this year, but when they're toast in 2012 this deck will be relatively faster. SO far we haven't seen any X/Legend/Prime type-cards in Black and White expansions, so the forecast is clear.

I tried your list and it is just about as fast as mine. I made a few changes as well.

-2 Uxie
-1 Azelf
-1 Unknown Q
-3 Bebe's Search

+3 Professor Elm's Training Method
+1 Switch
+1 Pokemon Communication
+1 Expert Belt
+1 Grass Energy

Ok, you see how easy the reuniclus gets knocked out this season.

This season, yes. Easily sniped. Next season or the year after, we're not sure. But hey, no news is good news.

And Dragon, how are you testing this? Some of the cards aren't out yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back