Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Set legality rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoLoN_TrAiNeR

Are your regular league tournaments forbidding Furious Fists until September 3rd?

Somehow my league made rotation already(BCR-on) and also not allows Furious fists until September 3rd.

Beginning with the Pokémon TCG release in August 2014, Play! Pokémon will now set the tournament legality date of all new TCG sets for 21 days after the official street dates in all markets worldwide at three weeks after the official release date.

Sets will be legal for play in TCG Online general play, and casual tournaments as of the release date, offering players an opportunity to test cards and decks in the weeks leading up to the tournament legal date.

I'm under the impression that the 21 day rule only applies to League challenges/Cities/States and higher caliber tournaments. Or am I wrong?

Or can the tournament organizer choose to not allow Furious Fists until the set tournament legality date?

:S

Last edited:
I was also under the impression that it's for tournaments. We're accepting FuF for our league.

I'm pretty sure that's correct. I mean you're free to play any deck you want, including modified, extended, and unlimited at league, even proxies for future sets occasionally. It's supposed to be up to player decision (mutually of course).

What's a "regular league tournament"?

League is League

A tournament is a tournament.

Never the two shall meet.

God knows what is the official name of weekly tournaments at league… :confused:

But, I just wanted to confirm in which kind of tournaments does the 21 day rule apply, is it only in League challenges and higher caliber tournaments?

HoLoN, at the league tournament, is there pairings for each round, like a normal tournament, or is it a play whomever? If you said pairings, its a tournament. If you said whomever then its league. If its tournament, then FuF is NOT legal.

Are you uploading the results to Pokemon.com?

If so, FRF is definitely not legal. If not, it's up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back