Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ShadowPharos Deck - Need some opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rerobey

Hey Pokegym,

Here is my deck build that I plan to run at States. There are a few questions that local judges & TO's can't seem to agree on. I've checked the Rules Compendium and couldn't find an answer, so I'm sending this out to the collective for some feedback.

Deck Name: Shadowpharous

POKEMON:
2 Darkrai (GE)
2 Darkrai LV.X (GE)
2 Sneasel (DP)
2 Weavile (SW)
1 Pachirisu (GE)
2 Mareep (SW)
2 Flaaffy (SW)
2 Ampharos (SW)

TRAINERS:
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Rare Candy
3 Switch
2 Premier ball
2 Celio's Network
2 Professor Rowan
1 Warp Point
1 Scott
1 Energy Recycle System
1 Mr. Stone's Project
1 Master Ball
1 Speed Stadium
2 Sidney's Stadium

Energy:
7 Electric energy
9 Basic Darkness energy
4 Special Darkness energy (GE)

DECK QUESTIONS:
1. Does Weavile's Shadow charge attack allow you to get Special Darkness energy or only just Basic Darkness?

2. Set up:
I have an active Ampharos with two Special Darkness energy and one Electric energy attached. I have a benched Weavile that uses it's Poke-Power Dark Engage to turn Ampharous to a Dark type.
2. Question:
Using the above set up, I use Cluster Bolt that now does 90 to my opponent's active. If I discard the Electric Energy will each of my opponent's benched pokemon get 40 damage due to Ampharous being dark with special energy? Or does it just do 20 to each of the bench?

Thanks in advance for your input!
Rich

Since you have entire deck list, I think it'd be best for this topic to be moved to the deck discussion area. If you have any questions on single cards, you are free to ask them here or in the ask the masters section of this forum.

1) Shadow Charge DOES allow you to get Specials as well.

2 Question) Only 20 to the bench. The extra damage only applies to the "defending" pokemon.

1. Special Dark
2. I believe it only does 20 to the bench. Bench damage is never increased, only decreased if you have a DRE attached. (Hence why you cant do more bench damage with strength charm).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back