Shaw's PA States Report

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by ShawofMordor, Mar 1, 2008.

1. ShawofMordor

ShawofMordor New Member

Yeah States!

I pick up Billy F and Jeff S and we drive to New Holland for the tournament. I'm running a teched out Gardy/Gallade, Billy has Magmortar and Jeff has a Blissey varient.

We arrive and start filling out decklists. I run into a slight problem which happens to be....I left my deck at home.

Whoops!

I look through my stuff and the only thing I have made is an RGon from like Battle Roads. I lol and fill out a decklist.

R1 - Ian R

I don't remember but he took a bunch of prizes and I almost made a comeback but that didn't work out.

0-1

R2 - Klara

Sceptile/Venusaur, 1-1.

R3 - Josh H

Another Gardy...my start is HORRIBLE....but thankfully so is his. Eventually he gets a KO but I stall for a few turns and make a crazy comeback. Once I get setup its hard for me to lose.

2-1

R4 - Casey

Yeah Gardy/Gallade again. We both get bad starts lol, he gets ahead and starts beating up on me, I let him take some prizes and setup a Flygon and start killing stuff...I win.

3-1

R5 - Kyle

This one is really close...I got a junk start but made a great comeback and was ahead 1 prize to his 2. He unfortunately had a Scramble he needed and ko'd my Flygon before I could take my last prize.

3-2

I'm a bit annoyed I lost that one so closely after making a comeback, but hey I was running RGon did I really expect to do well?

Apparently I make 8th so I'm playing Ben Sauk in playoffs.

G1 - I get nothing, I mean nothing. I played one supporter and somehow I made a comeback. The game deciding moment was when I topdeck a Bebe's Search. I have a Chikorita in play, a Candy and a Lake Boundary in my hand. Active I have a Vibrava with an energy and one Vibrava on the bench. I just need to Bebe's for the Meganium, RC and get Flygon ex and Holon's Castform and Flygon d and I play the Lake Boundary and make an amazing comeback and win. BUT WAIT! I can't play Bebe's without putting a card back into my deck...so I fail. Got down to three prizes though.

G2 - I start with my one Unown G lol. I played a Mentor this game, that was my only supporter for awhile until I got a Bebe's. I did take some prizes though.

Soooo I get 8th with RGon lol. I'm still laughing.

See you all next week at Delaware...with a real deck.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  2. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

Bad luck there, so I take it there wasnt very much Magmortar. Was it all Gardy?

LMK,
    Drew

3. ixidor89

ixidor89 New Member

I had to play GG FIVE TIMES.

R-Gon is soooooooo epic now...

4. Jason

Jason New Member

Lol, nice to see Rgon shine some light at States =O

5. yuyuman345

yuyuman345 New Member

u might see me there
    sweet
    who won the thing shaw?

6. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

haha dude josh hall wasn't there so you couldn't have played vs him in round 3

but regardless nice job considering you left your deck at home

7. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

It wasn't very popular. I played it, and at least two others played it too. I was so unsuccessful with it. I had some terrible starts in two of my battles against GG. lol, but when I battled Shaw in two little side battles in the middle of the tourney, I had amazing luck and was all set up by turn two. Why couldn't that have happened in the tourney :mad:.

Yeah, I didn't see him there either :lol:.

8. Shellshock929

Shellshock929 <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Good Job Making Top 8.

-Peter

9. ShawofMordor

ShawofMordor New Member

ooops wrong josh. dont tell anyone i did that

10. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

lol at Shaw using R-gon.

We might see you at DE next sat.

11. Bolt

Bolt New Member

haha :(

pick up your PHONE

edit: shaw and i TESTED r-gon vs the format and we knew it (had the potential to possibly be) capable!

12. Guess you didn't want to use your Super good cards or they would not be mint for ebay. Better luck next week. Hope you find your deck.

13. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

GJ making T8 with it Shaw. My son Nick played it a RI States and goes undefeated all day with it and wins 1st place with 7-0 record. So it is definately not dead with the right techs, it is still a beast.

14. GOROY

GOROY New Member

Haha, maybe you should put some more supporters in your deck..lol