Shedninja's Shadow(EX-ON)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Prime, Feb 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

21 Pokemon
    3 Dunsparce
    3 Gengar(Expedition)
    2 Haunter(Expedition)
    3 Gastly(Expedition)
    2 Nincada(Poison Breath)
    2 Shedninja
    2 Wobbuffet
    2 Eevee(Sandstorm)
    2 Espeon(Aquapolis)

22 Trainers
    3 Potion
    2 Warp Point
    2 Switch
    3 TV Reporter
    3 Oracle
    3 Desert Shaman
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Buffer Piece

17 Energy
    3 Cyclone Energy
    3 Warp Energy
    11 Psychic Energy

What you do is put shedninja active, stall for gengar, when ready, use warp energy and play it on the gengar, retreat shedninja for gengar, and hit for 40, switching it back for shedninja. Next turn, pick warp back up with espeon, lay it on gengar, and repeat the process(use wobbuffet early game to stall). If they bring up a basic to knock out shedninja, just put warp on wobbuffet, switch it for shedninja, and KO it(this might take a few turns, tepending on the HP of the basic attacker, but either way, its a easy 40 a turn, 80 against psychics. The reason I think this is a good deck is because it can stand up to a line KO. A line KO is when you KO one of my pokemon, I send up something and KO yours, and you send up something and KO mine, let the process repeat itself. In this deck, you actually knock out a pokemon, and switch it, so it is protected against the next big evolution that comes up.

2. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

why are you people obsessed with shedinja? hes horrible!

ok if someone saw a shedinja come out, they would drop a basic and kill it easily, wobby is evil against shedinja.

3. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

With Gengar, you should use 4 root fossil, 4 msyterious fossil and 4 claw fossil... You replace Gengar with one of these and your opponent will knock them out and not take a prize..... You can play Mr Britneys Compassion to scoop them up, play switch to move them to the bench or if you have to just discard them and place Gengar active...

You might try using High pressure stadium with Magby (with the old baby rule) from Aquapolis... A few failed attacks could help you...

4. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

I tried to use Shedinja at the CC, it does not work well. You get beaten horribly by such common Pokemon as Ditto, Electabuzz, Zangoose and Wobbuffet even if they don't try to use the basic form of their main Pokemon.

5. bulbasnore

bulbasnore Administrator Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Matt,

I don't think warp does anything when applied to a benched pokemon. You meant attach it to the shedinja?

6. Prime

Wow, your right bulbasnore!!

AND I LOVE THE IDEA WITH THE FOSSILS! lol, swarm with them while I set up a gengar or two, and then start sacrificing one every turn, and the best part is that THEY DON'T GET A PRIZE FROM KNOCKING FOSSILS OUT!!! lol okay, that's alittle two funny. Thanks for the ideas people. Here is the new deck.

22 Pokemon
    3 Dunsparce
    3 Gengar(Expedition)
    3 Haunter(Expedition)
    3 Gastly(Expedition)
    3 Nincada(Poison Breath)
    3 Shedninja
    4 Claw Fossil

22 Trainers
    3 Potion
    2 Warp Point
    2 Switch
    3 TV Reporter
    3 Oracle
    3 Desert Shaman
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Buffer Piece

16 Energy
    3 Cyclone Energy
    3 Warp Energy
    10 Psychic Energy

Okay, now the new point of the deck is to stall with fossils/dunsparce until you get shedninja out. Then stall until you get gengar out, then do the gengar/shedninja limbo where you attack for 40 with gengar, switch for either a fossil/shedninja. Next turn, let the shedninja stall or fossil die and when either dies(or you get an energy on shedninja) retreat for gengar and attack again. This is not meant to be a attacking deck, but a decking deck.

7. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Technically speaking, Claw Fossil aren't pokemon, but you can start battle with them now, so I guess you can call them that. Anyway, this deck is good under a skilled player, but is hard to use because of lack of speed and lack of heavy damage. Magby + HPS is a good combo in this deck, I prefer it over Shedinja because of Wobby everywhere you look. Then you can focus your searching mainly on the Gengar line and getting it powered up by turn three and ready to go. True, Shedinja has some speed because of Ninjask if you play it, because of it's power/body (whatever) , but Magby is just as good, sometimes better, sometimes worse.

8. davechri

davechri New Member

Prime, I won the Wellington, FL with a deck similar to your last mod.

I recommend 4 Claw Fossil and also 4 Root Fossil (I found from two previous tournaments that 4 fossils weren't enough).

Our trainer engine is very different. I feel the need to be able to get those fossils off the active spot without discarding them. You may want to think about that.

As for Shedinja specifically, he's situational. Things that can jump up and surprise you are (a) Skitty (with Double Edge) and (b) Wobbuffet (with a Psychic energy). In both cases, if your opponent has a Boost Energy, Shedinja's going bye-bye. But there are few basic Pokemon that can be played from the hand and immediately do 30 damage (again, Double Edge Skitty is one). If your opponent doesn't have those, Shedinja's great. Otherwise, be careful.
    (I assume the Buffer Piece is for the Shedinja. Just play Shedinja carefully and save those 3 deck slots for something more worthwhile.)

Always keep a fossil on your bench. If your opponent Warp Points, give him a Fossil to whack.

I'd drop the Cyclone energy. Who cares what your opponent has up? You're going to do 40 (or 80, if he has a Psychic Pokemon active) and then you're going to hide behind a fossil. Going for the right matchup isn't important. Just keep chopping them all down 40 at a time and running away.

Think about how many Gengar you want up at one time. Do you really need 3 Rare Candy?

This deck worked great for me, but I was very fortunate that everyone was playing Gardevoir/Gardevoir EX. That's an unfortunate matchup against the Gengar/Shedinja/Fossil deck.

Good luck with this. I'm anxious to see where it goes.

Are you going to play it in Charlotte.

9. regice froze you

regice froze you New Member

All you said is correct except you can't attach boost to a basic.

10. Prime

Davechri: why not post the trainer engine you used and maybe I could get some ideas from it? I will have to watch out for wobbuffet and skitty. But I am confident that others will evolve too fast for them to realize what mess they have gotten themselves into. About the rare candy, I find it vital in every deck. Even if the deck doesn't run many stage 2 or any at all, I can still use it to evolve basics when I lay them into their stage one, without having to wait a turn(which could make or break a prize). I will think of putting in some briney's but gosh darnit, I already have too many supporters and a simple armaldo deck will shut me down. The reason I have cyclone energy is to disrupt the opponent. I mean if I can screw up their deck and kill off their basic before it evolves, then I can stall for alittle longer. I think they work perfectly with shaman as another disruptor. I do think I will replace TV reporter with oak's research, so I have double the drawing and I can save the shaman's for when my opponent uses oracle or has something good in their hand. I would put in more fossils but I love my dunsparce and well I can't take that out, and I cannot find another place for more fossils. Thanks for the tips.

edit: It's good to hear it does good against gardevior because everyone where I play only play gardevior aswell. Also, I am not too scared of wobbuffet because I can OHKO it with gengar. So I play a simple WP or cyclone and they bring up wobbuffet and I OHKO it before it can OHKO my shedninja or fossil(ha!).

edit2: and I won't be at the charlotte one because I am going to the asheville one. I probably won't be playing anyways because I don't have all the cards for this simple deck lol.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2004
  11. davechri

davechri New Member

Ok, this makes me mad.

I don't use Boost Energy and I haven't really paid much attention to it, but I am CERTAIN that a player put it down on a Skitty (and whacked me with it) and also put it down on a Wobbuffet (and whacked me with it).

Shame on me for not knowing that he was playing it wrong. I won't make that mistake again.

Thanks!

Prime, I will post my trainer engine tomorrow (I need to bust my deck up and it's getting late). As for Gardevoir, it doesn't do good, it does GREAT. Gardy is weak to Gengar, but Gengar isn't weak to Gardy. Gengar hits for 80, hides behind a fossil. Heck, a regular Gardevoir (not EX) has a hard time knocking out a Fossil! LOL.

=-->]-[0t (V)uSt|d<--=, what Basic would you drop to knock out the Shedinja? Aside from Seedot (and it requires a flip), I know of no Basic Pokemon that you can put into play, attach an energy, and deal 30 damage. And if it's going to take you 2 turns to do it, Shedinja will be back on my bench before you can hit him a second time.

12. Prime

Well, the only way someone could place a boost on a wobbuffet is if it was evolved from a wynaut. Then wobbuffet is actually a evolution pokemon and the boost can stay on it. Skitty on the other hand.....can't. The reason I am not scared of pokemon that can do 30 and are basic is because I will keep buffer piece ready, or two, so when I am approached, if I am approached by one, I can knock it out in two or one shot with gengar.

13. davechri

davechri New Member

Prime, I posted my deck list in the Tournaments area under the Wellington Florida CC thread. Take a look and comment here. I'd like to hear your opinions and get some other ideas.

14. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

Why not use ninjask, its attack is similar to gengar's except it costs only 2 colorless energy and you get to move your grass energy around. It does 10 less damage though. Gengar can also hide behind pokemon like cacnea(poison payback) and SS growlithe (fire veil). Cacnea gets 60 hp with low pressure system and growlithe gets a free retreat with high pressure system (can be played with exp magby) You can play cacturn and do 40 to any pokemon if you don't want to hide.

15. Prime

The only reason I use gengar is because it can do 80 damage at a time to gardevior/EX and can OHKO a wobbuffet. If it were grass, sure it would do 60 damage to gardevior EX, but against gardevior, it only do 30, which isn't anything.

16. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

I'm not telling you to drop gengar, I like gengar too. I'm just thinking maybe adding a single ninjask will fit the hit-and-run strategy more. You hide behind cacturn or growlithe, if they hit you, they're going to get a status effect.

17. Prime

Poison and burn isn't very strong when they can retreat and heal it. And even then, it's a free prize for your opponent. With fossils, it provides the same protection and they don't get the prize.

18. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

that's why you can also play their evolutions, but that's too much. oh well

19. davechri

davechri New Member

The Ninjask idea is a good one. I've got one in my deck, but it hasn't helped me so far, BUT...

1. It lets you get Shedinja on the bench.

2. It hits and runs.

3. The following Pokemon are weak to Grass (and they've been seen in OP): Gardy/Gardy EX (not that you need help with Gengar in the deck), Kabutops/Kabutops EX, Kingdra EX, and Wailord EX.

I've seen Cacnea used and people don't want to hit it because of the poison. I think that's kind of nuts, but some people won't whack it. ??

20. Prime

I really don't think this deck will stand up against gardevior/EX and stuff. I mean I think if I keep just sending up fossils, they would have no offense and my opponent would have all the time in the world to set up their bench while stalling with something up front. They will easily kill all the fossils faster than I can lay them and....well I would do 80 a wack to regular gardevior and it would only take two wacks to kill gardevior EX, but the most fossils I could stall with would be 5 and well every two ko's would be 2 prizes for me...this might just work. But the people I play also play linoone, so they would send that up, and it would take me two turns to ko one of those. So they would stall with a linoone and then kill 2 of my fossils, then I would KO it, then they would send up gardevior EX and ko 2 more of my fossils, then I would KO it, but then I would have only one fossil left and they would use warp point. Darnit. So they kill off my pesky fossils and warp point me for the win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.