Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shell Bell or Leftovers?

I prefer Leftovers, but I haven't really used Shell Bell enough to be sure. But in Battle Tower, with its 1-of-each-item-limit, you'll use both anyway.

Well, if using a Pokemon like Salamance, or Gordiveir (sp?) it is usually better to give them Shell Bell. They do so much damage anyways, take advantage of it, use you Leftovers for someone who isnt a solid attacker, especially if they are Staller, or Trapper, ect

Yeah, it all depends on the "style" shall we say of the pokemon. If the pokemon attacks all the time shell bell rocks! In it is a staller the go with leftovers. Back in GSC I trained a Steelix for Stadium 2 with a Leftovers. It's moveset was

Earthquake
Hyper Beam
Sandstorm
Curse

i was in match 3 and faced a character with all normal type. I was then facing a Clefairy or something like that. It used Double Slap, big oow, like 17 damage. I used Curse, and recovered most of the damage with leftovers. Next turn I used Curse and to annoy me, it used encore. So for the next forever turns, I used Curse and it used Encore or Doubleslap. So I had (After PP Up) I think 18 Curse. I finally ran out. (If this helps at all telling you what my stats were, in the end Curse did nothing. My attack and defense didn't go up and my speed didn't go down) Well, you could see what happens next! I just mass murdered his/her team into next week! Man, that was a great battle!

Back