Shiftry Removal

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by swanton1717, Oct 26, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Sorry for the lame Subject, couldn't really think of anything cool. Anyway a couple of weeks ago i tried Expedition Blastoise because i like removal. I used it with Linoone from Sandstorm because it can get Energy Removal 2s and other stuff back from the discard pile and you can reuse them(it also has a free retreat which is really sweet) And the deck seemed to work if i got decent flips.

I dropped the deck because at a tourney i got such bad flips so i was disenchanted from it. I then decided that Blastoise wasn't working because you can only use its Power once per turn because it has to be active so i decided to use Shiftry because you can swarm with them and use their power from the bench. I haven't tested it yet but i will within the week, and i will report how i do. Here is the list I have currently..

Pokemon: 22
    4x Seedot
    4x Nuzleaf
    3x Shitry(H)
    1x Shitry(R)
    3x Zigzagoon
    3x Linoone(SS)
    2x Azurill
    1x Marill
    1x Wobbuffet

Trainers: 23
    3x Professor Birch
    3x Professor Oak’s Research
    2x Copycat
    2x Oracle
    2x Dual Ball
    4x Moo Moo Milk
    4x Energy Removal 2
    2x Switch
    1x Town Volunteers

Energy: 15
    12x Grass Energy
    3x Multi Energy

Some notes then strategy. I like Azurill over the other draw pokemon because it can get the ER2 for me or the Birch etc. I am still torn between Moo Moo Milk and Potion, i do not like Oran Berry because imo Aerodactyl ex may be played in the near future in some decks. Dual Ball >> Fan Club because it isn't a Supporter. The Wobbuffet is there cause it helps over all and can stall against certain decks.

So the strategy is get a Linoone going with ER2s and have the Shiftrys on the bench to stop opponent from playing energy on the active. Once their energy is gone i clean up with Shiftry.

So comments/questions please. Thanks.

~Colin

Anyway I want to say if you live anywhere near St. Louis go to the PreRelease on the 15th of November at The Gathering Ground.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2003
  2. nikePK

nikePK New Member

I dunno colin, about Fanclub << Dual Ball.... in this anyway. Since you want to swarm with the Shiftry, I think playing Fanclub would be better... so what if its a supporter, it doesn't matter THAT much. Drop Copycat for Shaman... and that's my fix.

Good luck with it man.

3. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Hey anyway ya u make a good a point. i think ill try fan club. But copycat is sorta better in this cause u can make ur opponents hand larger. I think i should add another TV cause i completly deck in our game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.