Shifty Traps...EON (Two decks)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Jim Ferrell, Oct 4, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Ferrell

Jim Ferrell New Member

I believe that Gardevoir/Gardevoir ex IS beatable. After helping make it how good it is today, I just can't sit back and watch it become this huge archetype with little to no contention. That just isn't cool. I dunno about you but I wasn't too fond of Gatr/Sect. Anyways, the key to Gardevoir is the energy in play. So you must then resort to a little...

Shifty Behavior
    EON Format

Pokemon: 19
    4 Seedot (Surprise Attack)
    4 Nuzleaf (Razor Leaf)
    4 Shiftry (Holo)
    3 Dunsparce (Sandstorm)
    2 Scyther ex
    2 Suicune (Aquapolis)

Energy: 17
    13 Grass
    4 Multi

Trainers: 24
    4 Copycat
    4 Energy Removal2
    4 Master Ball
    4 Potion
    3 Professor Elm's Training Method
    2 Oran Berry
    2 Switch
    1 Town Volunteers

Basically, Shiftry's attack remains a steady 80 if the opponent has no energy attached. I think this deck could pose a serious threat to Gardevoir/Gardevoir ex. Gardevoir ex is Grass weak ANYWAYS, not to mention the Shiftry's Pokemon Powers are CUMULATIVE. Yea, with 2-3 in play, that's pretty sick. With decent flips you remove all energy from the Defending Pokemon. THEN you play ERs on the Bench. If they send up Pokemon with no energy for you to Fan Away, you just deal them 80 damage like that. Needless to say, they won't do that for very long. 120 HP, fairly decent retreat and 6 healing cards, means I'll be lasting awhile.

Pretty sweet, eh? But I'm not done. I have another deck as well...

I also like Victreebel from Aquapolis. Fragrence Trap is soooo good, and Burned is the second best Status, next to Paralysis. Like Shiftry's Fan Away, Fragrence Trap is cumulative. Flipping for Gusting ability is soooo nice. Besides, you can get them going super quick. I mean Weepinbell's Double Razor Leaf only requires GC. Here's that list:

Venus Traps
    EON Format

Pokemon: 19
    4 Bellsprout (Blot)
    4 Weepinbell (Growth)
    4 Victreebel
    3 Dunsparce (Sandstorm)
    2 Scyther ex
    2 Suicune (Aquapolis)

Energy: 17
    13 Grass
    4 Multi

Trainers: 24
    4 Copycat
    4 Master Ball
    4 Potion
    3 Professor Elm's Training Method
    3 Switch
    3 Oran Berry
    2 Fast Ball
    1 Town Volunteers

I have been working crazily trying to come up with a really good universal Trainer Engine. That is why my decks are so similar in the listing. I believe that only 19-20 Pokemon are needed, and only 17-19 energy, with 21-24 Trainers. Copycat is obviously a staple. But I think Master Ball is too. I KNOW Elm's Method is. I like 4/3 Potion/Oran Berry for mad healing. Switch is a staple with like no free retreaters. Fast Ball is sweet in Stage two decks, especially Gardevoir who can use Wynaut to basically pull the entire evolutionary line. But if you don't like Fast Ball for fear of pulling the wrong evo, then you could swap them out for Oak's Research. I didn't want to delute my decks with tons of Supporters because you can only use one per turn anyways.

Thoughts? Comments? Thanks in advance!!

~Jim Ferrell

2. dkates

dkates New Member

On the first deck, add some Desert Shaman. Once you've Fanned Away the Energy, send it back to the deck with Shaman.

3. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Hey Jim, long time no talk. ANYWAY As i always i like the decks. I am playing Shiftry now and it really is a beast. But I REALLY like the way ur Train engine is looking. It looks very solid. I want to know is Masterball good in the format? Also after testing Shiftry you need the non holo. Its just soo solid and you dont want ur opponent to pile energy on their active so you do little damage with the holo shiftry. Also since you are playing multi energy in each deck maybe drop a Dunsparce for a Wynaut so you can get the evos out.

Anyway we need to start talking in AIM again, for some reason our contact kinda..stopped. ill ttyl and good luck with testing.

~Colin

4. Am Pm

Am Pm New Member

what does gardevoir do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.