Shiny Hunters

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by MetaGrossEX, Sep 24, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetaGrossEX

MetaGrossEX New Member

Would anyone here want to start a Shiny Hunting Community Thread? i've seen some on some other sites so i thought we should start one here, we can all vote for a shiny pokemon to hunt for to see who we start hunting for.

2. ShadowOfTyranitar

ShadowOfTyranitar New Member

re

Look for Shiny Absol.

3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

4. MetaGrossEX

MetaGrossEX New Member

ok those are 2 great ones but for it could be fair to everyone lets go for the pokemon who get 4 votes

by the way i vote for TRAPINCH

Last edited: Sep 24, 2003
  5. Sea Crobat

Sea Crobat New Member

I vote for Slakoth

6. Pablo

Pablo New Member

latios ;)

7. Tonu

Tonu New Member

i vote Aron....because shiny one used ROAR to me
    ....CATCH IT!!!

8. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

Wait a sec, there's Shiny Pokemon in R&S? I did NOT know this!

9. ShadowOfTyranitar

re

Yes, there is shiny pokemon. It wasn't just for G/S/C. Shinies will probably be in the new Red/Green remakes for GBA.

10. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

yes they are back, and easier to catch (took me 700 hours to catch 2 shineys in GSC, 400 for RuSa) but you cant breed them this time around. I have already caught a Numel and a Wismur.

11. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!! I've been playing Sapphire a full 100 hrs and STILL haven't found a shiny pokemon! Oh, well, I'm sure I will someday..........

12. ShadowOfTyranitar

re

I had played Silver for 400+ hours only to find a red graveller that used Selfdestruct. I had a heart failure when "foe Graveller used Selfdestruct" appeared on the screen.

13. Umbreonking

Umbreonking New Member

I got a shinning Eevee from Bill and it evolve into a shinning Umbreon

14. League Leader Terry

Now, how can you tell that a pokemon is Shining in R&S? Does the screen do something weird when you find one like in G/S/C or do you just see a pokemon of a different color than usual?

15. ShadowOfTyranitar

re

Its a different color and you can't run from it.

16. Dark_Gengar

Dark_Gengar New Member

I have a shiny pokemon horror story to tell as well: In my Silver Game I had a shiny Rapidash use Take Down to kill itself after it woke up before I was able to catch it. :(

After playing for 300 + hours with Sappire, I have one shiny ChinChou to show for which evolved into a pretty purple Lanturn with only so-so IV's :mad:

17. Am Pm

Am Pm New Member

I dont have the new games but on crystal and gold these are the shinie's I cought.

zubat
    drowzee
    krabby
    tentacool
    caterpie

18. League Leader Terry

IV's? :confused:

19. ShadowOfTyranitar

re

ROTFLMFAO. You don't know what IVs are? I'll have to explain, IVs are the formula that decide your pokemons stats. IVs can range on all pokemon from 1-31. The higher the better. The only way to tell what the precise IVs are on a pokemon is by using a special calculator on the internet, try www.pokefor.tk . IVs are not actually shown in the game, but they do exsist. Most serious trainers focus on high IVs for a stronger pokemon. It still surprises me people don't know about the exsistance of IVs and EVs. Incase you were wondering, IV means "Individual Value".

20. Eevee234

Eevee234 New Member

About 100 hours of game play, and a lame Tentacool shiny. I was just for fun trying to go to Slateport beach and found a Shiny Tentacool. At least it's better than those annoying ones that keeps using you know....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.