should i add rare candy or not

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by lookinforwailordex, Apr 10, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lookinforwailordex

lookinforwailordex New Member

in my wailord deck i dont know if i want to add rare cany or not?
    Heres my deck list

Pokémon
    2 Elekid (Gather Energy)
    4 Wailmer
    3 Wailord ex
    2 Wailord
    2 Mareep
    2 Flaaffy
    2 Ampharos (Energy Connect)
    3 Zigzagoon
    3 Lioone (Seek Out)

Trainers
    2 Professor Oak's Research
    3 Balloon Berry
    3 Copycat
    2 Switch
    4 Pokemon Nurse
    3 Professor Elm's Training Method
    2 Town Volunteers

Energy
    5 lighting
    12 Water

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
  2. GrandmaJoner

GrandmaJoner New Member

Just drop the whole deck idea =/

3. GrandmaJoner

GrandmaJoner New Member

But yeah you need rare candy if you want this deck to work =/

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
  4. |PoKeY|

|PoKeY| New Member

sadly i agree with joner on this one

5. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

Sadly none of them have played against this deck...

ok the deck has merit but, you definitely need a cpl of things..

Rare Candy a must.... and if you are not using Dragon Mareep.. you should... 50 hp helps

Run a 3-2-3 Amphy line... and toss in an Amphy Ex.... trust me it becomes helpful

Next on the Lords... 3 WEX and 2 Lords..... Surf can be devasting

And also for the Linnoone line... it os ok, but Aq Espy works well in here, this is why:

If you have 3 Warp nrg and an espy on the Bench... dont have to worry about SDD to get WEX out of there... this is important!!

You can Warp, NRG connect to an undamaged WEX and pick warp back then Nurse the Benched wex..

Rinse and repeat do to the warp in y our hand... if you need to draw, warp first then use your POR, get new hand then nrg return the warp... keeps it readily available.. I tended to keep mine down on WEX until he was going to be koed....
    Good Luck!! Hope I helped...

6. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

I don't think there is a need for Rare Candy in this deck. You only have one Stage-2 so there is no space saving and you are unlikely to need the power of Ampharos in the first couple of rounds where there is so little energy to move. Not being able to get Ampharos in the same round as you plat Mareep could hurt you against Blaziken EX where he can knock out Mareep or Flaafy, but this is unlikely to be an issue since he has to go for the water Pokemon.

Playing Flaafy makes it simpler to play Flaafy and Ampharos on either side of on Oak or Copycat, you can search for Flaafy with PETM and you are not vulnerable to Omastar.

I would make some other changes to the deck, but you didn't ask for that.

Grandma and Pokey: The poster didn't ask you to comment on his deck, he didn't even ask you to fix it. He just wanted to know whether he should play Rare Candy. If you want to advise him to drop the deck idea you should as an absolute minimum give him a thorough analysis of why the deck would not work.

7. Hero

Hero New Member

+1 rare candy

for the rest of you immature little kids replying to these posts, could you mind just sharing your "deck fix" ideas instead of saying crap like "it wont work." He OBV didn't ask if his deck dominates or not, he asked for a fix.

8. lookinforwailordex

well i wanted to see what the outcomes of this thread was and i think i might go with hero or merches. I want rare candy for these reasons 2 turn amphy and becuase in the games i played i always have a wailmer and wailord ex or regualr in my hand when i POR or copy

9. |PoKeY|

|PoKeY| New Member

In follow up to my previous post lol
    Well the deck doesnt have much speed and attack/back up
    And the key in modified is if you get a blaze ex up first in theory you win. 9/10 matches, if u get blaze ex up first, you'll win. This has been tested and can be scientifically proven. Wailord ex can not beat blaziken ex. end of story.
    and if you beg to differ take up an apprentice game with me anytime... ill gladly proove my point

Just play this

Pokes-21
    2 RayquazaEX
    2 Blaziken EX
    3 Blaziken-firestarter
    2 Combusken(lunge)
    4 Torchic- 2 dr/ singe
    4 Dunsparce
    2 Skitty - Double Edge
    2 Delcatty

Trainers 20
    4 Rare Candy
    4 TV Reporter
    4 POR
    4 Oracle
    1 Town Vol
    2 Warp Point
    2 High Pressure System

Energy18
    3 Multi Energy
    15 :fire: Energy

10. lookinforwailordex

i dont want to bust your bubble but yes it can if you have wailord ex and a amph on the bench(energy connect) there are 2 choices attack the amphy or the wailord but no matter what the wailord will attack becuase you could have another one on the bench or you have a nurse in your hand.

11. |PoKeY|

|PoKeY| New Member

Ya but im talking about a bench that can pose a threat, with bex or even niniken, you can have options that are playable in rayquaza, ninetales, blaze, bex

with that its just amphy and wailord and they cant do a whole lot of damage... at least not as much as ray or 9tales or bex

12. WeileMom

WeileMom New Member

So...did you two play on apprentice yet?? I would like to hear the outcome. I watched the Wailord deck in action and it's pretty darn good. To be honest I have yet to see a Blaze deck in the 11-14 age group place here in California. Maybe I just missed it.
    ---Nicole
    WeileMom

13. lookinforwailordex

no i cnt get apprentice to work for some reason. Yea that is pretty true o and nicole watch out for (dean bartlett) aggron ex deck ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.