Simple poison - Weezing Arbok (or Toxiccroak) Another Question Please...

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by WinkWinkNudgeNudge, Mar 29, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WinkWinkNudgeNudge

WinkWinkNudgeNudge New Member

We were working on deck building basics at league. We wanted to build a straight forward deck based on stacking Weezing's Toxic Virus :pbody:. This is what we ended up with.

NEW QUESTION --> Based on the changes from the suggestions below (thank you master of puppets, flarerose and Arceus999) I'm down to 12 NRG. That is not terrible based on the pokemon's modest ERG needs. But I would be very unhappy with a NRGless Pahci on turn T1. Shouldn't there be more NRG?

Pokemon - 20

Pachi - 4
    Claydol 2-2
    Weezing 4-4
    Arbok 3-3 (or 3 -3 Toxiccroak)

Trainers - 28

Roseanne - 4
    [DEL]Mentor - 4[/DEL]
    Mentor - 2
    Bebe - 4
    Celio - 2
    Wager - 2
    Stevens's Advice - 2
    [DEL]Poke Ball - 2[/DEL]
    Night Maint - 2
    Prof Oak's Visit - 2
    Energy removal 2 - 3
    Crystal Beach 3

Energy - 12

Psychic - 12
    [DEL]DRE - 4[/DEL]

Strategy:

Starter Pachi.
    T2 Claydol (please) go fishing for Bebe, Celio, Weezing, Arbok.
    The Set-up Goal is 3 Weezing on the bench with a Arbok active and an Arbok on the bench. Keep the Weezings protected on the bench while poisoning with Ekan's and Arbok. Poison the defending Pokemon and do 40 damage each way between turns.

We think that it should setup quickly because we are sing two stage 1 lines. The NRG needs are very modest. We can work with Ekans as a poison soure, albeit flippy, if we have to wait a turn for Arbok. Each of them need only one nrg to poison. Koffing and Weezing only need 2.

With wery limited testing, we figure that the deck would average 1 Weezing T3, 2 by T4 and all 3 by T5 or T6.

As this was primarily a deck building exercise, we would be as interested in what to think about when tuning a deck as well as what to change.

Other thoughts we had were drop DRE and add Crystal Beach. Would Warp Point help? Your thoughts please.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  2. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

the 4 mentor AND roseannes is overkill by far.
    i dont think that the 4 bebe and 2 celios are all needed either.
    maybe ER2?
    it would make it harder for poisoned pokemon to retreat.
    or just overall slow them down.

3. flarerose0o0

flarerose0o0 New Member

Why use Arbok? I'm thinking Crogunk because it makes it harder for your opponent to remove the poisen. Is it because it uses less energy to attack? Thats what I would assume. hmm... Warp might not be too good because of the fact that if you're trying to get rid of the defending pokemon because it can't be poisened then it remains a threat unless you take your last prize shortly after warping it away. Beach would be very good as Anti-GG and other decks that highly abuse special energy. Pokeball? I haventh seen that in awhile. Consider using Master or Dusk ball instead consiedering that you want to not rely on a coin and the fact that quick ball could easily get you an unusefull pachi. I don't see much use of the DRE however.

4. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Poke Ball. POKE BALL. It's the end of the world as we know it!

Take them out, and 2 Psychic Energy (Arbok only needs 1 Energy to work), for 4 Oak's Visit. More draw, less flipyness.

5. WinkWinkNudgeNudge

WinkWinkNudgeNudge New Member

There is room so ER2 sounds good and if i'm going to flip for something it might as well be something that I can't get from a supporter (The idea behind the poke balls was to try to get 2 Wheezing on one turn)

More draw sounds good

Why Arbok? We had 3 in the binder. But we will try Toxicroak as well.

So the edits are:

- 2 poke balls
    - 4 DRE
    - 2 Mentor

+ 2 Visit
    + 3 Crystal Beach
    + 3 Energy Removal 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.