Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Singles purchasing

votalesin

I stopped playing around March of this year, due to the sheer boredom of playing GG, Plox and Magmortar everywhere. I returned to league this week to discover that after the past few sets, this has changed. Thank goodness for that.

Looking around at most decks, I am noticing that very few cards are being utilized from LA and MD. The fossils that got everyone excited just as I took a break from playing are now trade fodder, and Phione the "Best starter EVAR" that everyone wanted is in the singles case for $2.

I have no desire to buy a case of each set, and I have no problem with aquiring singles from various sources. My question to all the players out there is this?

What from Legends Awakened and Majestic Dawn are worth purchasing?

I disagree. Phione is very good, one of the best cards in md. It needs call energy, which is another great card in md.

md cards

call energy
phione

bronzong
glaceon lx

la cards

cynthia's feelings

Nothing really from Legends Awakened yet since we don't know what's tournament worthy, but IMO empoleon, infernape, and torterra from MD are all viable deck choices. Also, go for call energy and phione since I'm predicting they'll be in a lot of decks pretty soon. If you don't use them you can at least trade them for better stuff in the future.

As I stated, I quit in March. So I have been buying 2 boxes of each set for a while, and I have just about everything I'm interested in. I have a good trainer base as well, so I won't be looking for RC and Bebe's and such. Basically, I'm seeing Call Energy and Phione. And of course the Lv X pokemon.

Are the rares really the only thing worth getting? Out of 2 sets all there is to get is 1 pokemon and 1 special energy? Come on there's got to be more worth using than that.

Nothing really from Legends Awakened yet since we don't know what's tournament worthy, but IMO empoleon, infernape, and torterra from MD are all viable deck choices. Also, go for call energy and phione since I'm predicting they'll be in a lot of decks pretty soon. If you don't use them you can at least trade them for better stuff in the future.

because we dont know wats tourney worthy, grab anythin remotly good!

Back