Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Skarmory FB + Miasma + Metagross SV - Getting a consistent build

LegendaryLugia

Hi everybody,

Ever since reading about this combo, I've wanted to run it. For those unfamiliar with the strategy, it relies on getting Miasma Valley into play asap, then get out a quick Metagross SV and spam Skarmory FB's Silver Feather so your opponent can't get basics into play. Seems like a great idea, but consistency with getting out Miasma, Skarmory and Metagross is an issue, and as well as the damage done with playing basics onto your own bench, can this deck actually be competitive?

Discuss.

Btw, don't just post "yes" or "no", or this will be locked as a poll. Post a reason for your answer.

Thanks,

LL

:smile:

1. You will never get that all out faster than your opponent can use a Roseanne's or a Call Energy.

2. Even if you did, you won't be taking prize cards, just locking your opponent basics, so if they already have the basic out that they need, you lose, I would assume.

I am pretty sure if you use call to get a basic into p;ay it overides all this as well because you put the cards straight on to the bench from your hand. Also great ball overides it and any pokemon with call for family.

It can't be competitive at all .... think about if you opponent starts with there main attackers basic... and a lot of stadiums are being played which can counter Miasma. This combo needs to set up the first turn basically and the odds of doing that are almost impossible and if you go first they are.

well one fo our league played this deck with ampharos PL to lock powers like uxies and azelf and claydol, i like the idea for a fun deck but there a lot of ways around it like mentioned call energy or pachirisu or replacing misma valley with any of your staddium and then play down the basic pokemon, All in all a nice idea but some decks are prepared for it

Tried something like this many times.

Your problem is, you need an attacker.

Skarmory is ONLY the starter.

Bronzong AR is like a little honchcrow g.
If you use him in conjunction with Bronzong MDs spread.

He may snipe you to victory!

I'd just run Scizor and Skarmory with Miasma. Miasma won't hurt Skarm if you open with it and Scyther's grass. So you start hitting 20 and making your opponent's benched Pokemon take 20. If they attach any kind of special energy (such as call) you just send up Scizor MD and pound that Pokemon down. Skarm is an interesting card, that will see a lot of (league) play from me :D

Why not try Abomasnow? If you play Uppers you can get him attacking even if Skarm goes down fast. Something like 8 Metals, 4 Upper? Would you even bother running Call? Preferably you'd want to use Skarm's attack on the first turn, instead of Call, so maybe just ditch Claydol for a high Uxie count. It's really weird trying to make decks consistent that can't play BTS or Call, so either max out on like 3-3 Claydol or just go all Uxie.

So maybe something like....

--

4X Skarmory FB

3X Snover (MT, you want Grass to get around Miasma damage)
3X Abomasnow (SF, obviously)

3X Beldum (SV, can grab Miasma)
2X Metang (Whatever set)
2X Metagross (SV)
1X Metagross (LA, or just a 3rd SV... a 3rd might increase consistency but later in the game the rest of your Metagross line is kinda useless 'cuz it doesn't stack)

3X Uxie
1X Uxie Lv. X

1X Spiritomb (LA) OR Chatot (MD) OR a 2nd Warp Point

--

4X Miasma Valley
4X Bebe's Search
4X Rare Candy
4X Super Scoop Up
3X Roseanne's Research
3X Professor Rowan OR 3X Cynthia's Research OR some combination of the 2
1X Luxury Ball
1X Night Maintenance
1X Warp Point

--

4X Special Metal Energy (Why not? lol)
4X Basic Metal Energy
4X Upper Energy

I like Shino's idea, too :d could prolly replace the Aboma line with Scizor and ditch the Uppers. This entire idea has a horrible weakness to fire, though =/

Back