Slaking W/ Backup

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by swanton1717, Sep 20, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Hey well after placing first in a small local tourney today for E-On i want to post the deck that i used, because i really like it and i think that it can be a good contender. These are for the E-On rules with Best of Promos and Recycle Energy allowed. here it is..

Pokemon: 18
    4x Slakoth
    4x Vigoroth
    3x Slaking
    2x Illumise
    2x Volbeat
    1x Scyther Ex
    2x Marrill

Trainers:26
    4x Professor Elm
    3x Copycat
    2x Professor Oak's Research
    2x Pokemon Fan Club
    2x Oracle
    4x Moo Moo Milk
    4x Switch
    1x Warp Point
    2x Memory Berry
    1x Energy Switch
    1x Town Volunteers

Energy:
    10x Grass Energy
    5x Water Energy
    1x Multi Energy

Slaking is just a beast but i think that it needs some sort of backup, obviously Mewtwo Ex is a good idea, but i think that is pretty boring so i came up with something i really like.

Two of Slakings main weaknesses are the fact that it can't attack the turn after it uses Critical Move and that it is weak to fighting. Well with Volbeat/Illumise in play it really helps. When they are both in play Illumise resists Fighting and Darkness. And Volbeat has a free retreat so I can play Switch for Volbeat, retreat then attack with Slaking again. They are also both good Pokemon to start a game off with, and to stall.

This is a fun and powerful deck IMO. Thanks for comments. Cya Later

~Colin

2. dkates

dkates New Member

Your Trainer singles could be trouble -- Slaking's almost like a Fire-type with Energy discards, and having more Warp Points would definitely be a good thing. Also, if you can find the room (which is no small challenge), ER2 could easily splash itself in.

3. ShadowCacnea

ShadowCacnea New Member

and make sure you're using sandstorm vigoroth, because it's way better.

4. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

I prefer RS so i can use Memory Berry/Rage.

5. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Yeah you do...at that will be your undoing.

You will not want to do this after the next set is released with Balloon Berry, but that is over a month away.

I like the idea of using the free retreat Marrills, but how about playing Warp Energy to add to your switching power. You can still discard a basic energy, but warp to your bench, send out Marrill, then retreat for Slaking for more abusive punishment.

I like using Warp Energy, and trying to get a 2-2 Furret Line out to add to the pain of your opponent....but heh, that's my new found addiction to Furret, after the death of my Mewtwo deck...

Your use of the grass pokemon is impressive, as it also counters the unseen threat to this deck, thank you Tony Ruffino, Sandstorm Sandslash (great free retreat Poke!)

But hey, it's just me, what do I know? I donated Slakings to your cause after all! Boy, wouldn't it be nice to get a Slakoth with Rage???

Meganium45 - host of that Small Tourney Colin Placed first in!!!

I currently run 2 leagues a week in St. Louis -

Dragon King (www.dkhobby.com for directions) (St. Charles area) Wednesday from 6-8 pm

Gathering Ground (www.gatheringground.com for directions) (New location on Hampton in St. Louis) Saturday from 3-5:30 p.m.

Tourneys every week - offical Nintendo League - all tourneys are $3.00 entry, all participants get a pack, high finishers get even more!!!

6. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Warp enegy is just plain evil with two slaking out, but besure to have switches as back up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.