Slaps like Whoa

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Bigpoppabeatdown, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

well i got really bored and while i was at the mall with Psyduck, i decided to buy some new shiny sleeves

but i had no deck to fill it with, so i decided to build a new deck for fun

and immediately i thought of an old friend skyridge machamp

for some odd reason, i really like this deck, and it has its advantages against almost every archetype deck out there........ with a few exceptions

well here it is, rip it all you want, but trust me, it's fun to play

4 machop (ex)
    3 machamp (SK)
    2 wobbuffet
    1 wynaut
    1 absol
    2 skitty
    2 delcatty
    1 random basic (any suggestions???)
    -16-

10 fighting
    4 multi
    2 warp
    -16-

3 copycat
    3 research
    2 oracle
    2 netsearch
    4 moo moo milk
    4 rare candy
    3 warp point
    2 strength charm
    1 crystal shard
    1 town vols
    2 dual ball
    1 fisherman
    -28-

i know i know 28 trainers???? well let me know what you think

i haven't finished it yet, so no playtests yet, but i figure it'll be a fun deck to play

[Edit: sorry, but your deck/thread title isn't appropriate for the 'Gym. If you'd like to rename it to something that's more appropriate, please feel free to do so. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation..'mom]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2004
  2. Bigpoppabeatdown

nobody has a fix???

come on, this is a fun deck, i know people are like WITW was i thinkin

3. nikePK

nikePK New Member

hmm. I woulda said Add fast ball but then I saw Delcrappy... err Catty.

lol, anyway, I'd make that random basic another Wynaut along with the Absol. Another thing, drop the candies for Machokes so your Wynaut can search the beasts out.

*slap* make those Moo Moo Milk into Potion ^_^

There's my fix, Scott, I'd add some more solid draw in there too, maybe 1 more Research or whatever. Btw, does it run well on the 16 energy? Just curious, I know you can get stuff back w/ fisherman and TV, but just overall drawing energy easily... does it flow well?

Also, if you're going to do what I suggested, I'd make a fighting into a Psychic, and drop a warp for another Psy so you essentially have 6 psy energy to work with for opening with Wynaut. Good luck wiht it man.

Edit: lol, nice deck name btw.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2004
  4. Bigpoppabeatdown

hey pat, my bad, the dualies were fast balls

and i don't mind them if i don't use machoke because i either get delcatty or machamp

and i need both of them but whatever works

so far on apprentice it has run perfectly, but i might add in a couple psychic with your ideas

i probably will add in that second wynaut, but is there anything else that i should put in there instead???

just want to keep my options open

but if i drop the candies for machokes, then i will drop the count to 3 chokes, givin me an estra slot

and then with 3 evos, i'd drop the fast balls gibin me a grand total of 3 extra spaces

any ideas of what to put in???

maybe more draw power??

we'll see

thanks pat, and i'll see ya at cities

any other comments?

5. nikePK

nikePK New Member

PETM if you drop the fast balls and such...

Yeah, cya at Cities... which ones you going to?

6. Bigpoppabeatdown

I STILL HATE THAT CARD!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm........... well i'll be at dizzy's and at the GG if i can get off of work

7. JasonthePwnda

JasonthePwnda New Member

get like 2 machokes (otherwise omastar will pwn you), and use petm, and some wynauts. immunity s a very funny power, as it can be interpreted that damage will not go through from an attack. machamps weakness to psychic makes it an ohko for mewtwo ex. id drop the netsearch for dunsparce.

8. Bigpoppabeatdown

like i have to worry about mewtwo ex...........

if i go against any psychic deck (mewtwo/gardy)........... absol and wobby will pwn it

so what's the difference???

they already ruled on his body............... damage still goes through as damage isn't an effect

hmmm, i guess well see

any other suggestions??

9. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

I liked several of teh machamps - I think we've had this discussion before...
    Yer a man after my own heart. There's ALWAYS room for a fun deck or two. I'll build it a playtest it and letcha know - I have a few ideas but nothing firm.

10. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Well, i still think this will most definitely lose to gardy lol. Absol is definitely not enough, and Wobbuffet also gets crushed. In any case, the deck looks pretty good, but man, you HAVE TO change your outlook on Prof Elm's Training method. Its a good card!

11. Bigpoppabeatdown

i just think that the card is a waste when compared to other supporters

to me it just kinda narrow compared to other draw cards

whatever, if i ever have to play it, i will cry

it will most likely lose to gardy, but it could put up more of a fight than one would expect

12. Bigpoppabeatdown

hye JASON........... i just started thinking (you can tell by the smoke emulating from my ears)

just how would omastar pwn me???

am i just missing something, or is there some secret that i don't know???

what would omastar do to me??

13. duanojo

duanojo New Member

Skyridge Machamp can be a lot of fun, but I've found it to be a bit too flippy for my taste. I think you need another big hitter in this deck. Perhaps you can mix the SR Champ with EX or find some room for an EX Hitmonchan. If you're looking for a bigger switch, drop the Delcattys (I think you have enough draw power in your trainers) for a Breloom line. This should give you more punch, and it's good tech against Gardy Ex.

14. Bigpoppabeatdown

how exactly would omastar deevolve machamp, it is an effect, hance machamp wouldn't allow it?

i don't know, i'm pretty decent at flips and chan EX is an easy 2 prizes for wobb

i haven't even looked at breloom, so i'll check it out, but remember one thing

YOU CANNOT HAVE ENOUGH DRAW POWER IN THIS FORMAT!!!!!

15. duanojo

duanojo New Member

Here's Omastar's spoiler for the relevant attack:
    Pull Down
    If your opponent has any Evolved Pokémon in play, remove the highest Stage Evolution card from each of them and put those cards back into his or her hand.
    This would not effect the active Machamp, but could KO a damaged 'Champ on the bench.

How can you be good at flips? I'd like the judge to check your randomizer, please. I wasn't suggesting 'Chan Ex, but rather the Expedition 'Chan. However, I was really thinking of Expedition Hitmonlee. He can attack with one colorless for 10 or do stretch kick for 30 to anybody for FFC. He pairs really well with Ex 'Champ who does more damage for benched Pokemon with damage on them. In addition, 'Champ's Terraforming power helps with draw power a bit.

Here's a spoiler for the R/S Breloom:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{CC}Headbutt 20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{GCC} Battle Blast 40+
    Does 40 damage plus 10 more damage for each {F} Energy attached to Breloom.

The best thing about this Breloom is that there's no limit on the amount of extra energy attached.
    Attach enough fighting energy to him, and he can really do some damage.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2004
  16. Bigpoppabeatdown

hmmm, well that still wouldn't be the case because machamp doesn't have to be active for his body to occur........ (correct me if i'm wrong here)

i'm not saying that i backspin, but it seems to be that when i need a certain amount of heads, i get them.

i know how to use the "backspin", but that's cheap, so i refuse to lower myself to doing it

is breloom a stage 1???

if not, it's a great card for a basic, but i thought that it evolved, in which case, it would be hard to tech in there

i've used the terraforming machamp before, and i didn't really like it........ to be of much use, i have to have all of my pokes injured, which is not something that i am really comfortable with

i don't know, i'll keep testing it out, but in the meanwhile, let me know if there is anything else that i could do to make the deck better

17. duanojo

duanojo New Member

Poppa, I agree that Breloom would be a great basic, but he is, unfortunately, a stage 1, evolving from Shroomish.

18. Bigpoppabeatdown

well duanojo, that kinda seems out of reach at the present time

i apologize for the delays as i have been forced to format my hard drive 3 times in the past two days.......... and anyone who knows what the requires, knows that i was unable to do much

STUPID VIRUSES!!!!

ok now that i feel better

i will look over the ideas that have been given, then i shall post a new decklist shortly, but in the meanwhile, let me know if there is anything else that i should do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.