Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sleeping darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey hey hey, I need ideas on how to improve my deck ( mostly trying to get my stadim out ) right now i'm using a proxy castaway ( none of my friends (or other people) have them ) my deck contians:
18 :dark:(3 are specials)
2 mom's kindness
3 energy searchs
3 bebe's searchs
3 rosies's research
2 warp points
2dusk balls
2 ( proxy ) castaways
3 professer rowans
3 sidney's stadium
3 eevees
3 umbreon
4 jigglypuffs
2 wigglytuffs
4 darkrais
2 darkri lvl x's
---------------------------

Im open to any and all help!!!

my stratagy: have 1 poke'mon out to take the heat build the bench up then take the other teams pokemon and pound them into the ground. (aka ko them)

or adapt to the situation which sometimes back fires because the opponent bring out a trick...and you have to change drasticly

my deck: the way I play this deck is wigglytuff has a:ppowr: good night melody both pokemon are a sleep but sidney's blocks :dark: pokemon from special conditions and Umbreon has confuse ray it does 50 and confuses so the opponent has to deal with asleep and confused. Asleep if tails he cant attack so that helps me unless he has a bench ready. confusion the same thing so... you can kind of see my problem...

Again... im open to any help

I like it and I've seen something similar at league, but there's a few probs:

1. You can't use 4x Darkrai and 2x Darkrai Lv.X.

2. Mom's Kindness sucks. Use POV instead.

3. Forget the Umbreon line. Use 2-2 Darkrai line, 3-3 Wigglytuff line, and maybe a 2-2 Weavile line.

4. Run 2x Windstorm. You have no way to get rid of Cess Crystal.

Also, LMK if you'd like some more help!

is P.O.V. professer oaks visit? The weavile thing is a good idea! but what weavile do I use? and im not that up to date but whats lmk? cess crystal? and ive redid my deck 2 darkrais are gone....

Which Darkrai?

Castaway, Cessation Crystal, and Sidney's Stadium won't be legal for Modified format after August.
You could try replacing Sidney's Stadium with Xatu SW.

Pokemon can't be confused and asleep at the same time.

Take out Mom's Kindness and Energy Search for 4 Professor Oak's Visit and another Roseanne's Research.

good advice why dont you check my other deck the lvl x fighter and Ill try the xtau ... ok I just found out that castaways wont work =( I need a way to get my stadiums out while getting a few energies...

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

ok so i updated my deck here with my readers ideas

energies:18 dark energies ( 3 of them are special

trainers: 22
2 pov
3 rosieanna's
3 bebe's
2 prof. rowan
2 warp point
3 sidney's stadium
3 energy searchs
2 dusk balls
2wind storms

pokmon: 20
3 natu [c] flip a coin if heads discard an energy attached to the defending pokemon - 20
3 xtau [poke p.] once during your tuurn if xatu is on your bench you may choos 1 special condition from 1 of your active pokemon and remove that condition from 1 of your pokemon and the now the defending pokemon is affected by that condition attack i dont use.
3 jigglypuff [c] the defending pokemon is now asleep. [cc] during your opponent's next turn damge is reduced by 20 (after applying weakness and resistence)
3 wigglytuff [poke p.] once during your turn you may use this power both active pokemon yours and your oppents are asleep. [cc] 40
2 sneasal [c] flip 2 coins this attack does 10 x the number of heads [dc] choose any of your oppoents pokemon this attack does 20 to that pokemon.
2 weaville [poke p.] all of your active pokemon are now dark [no energy] search your deck for up to 2 dark energies attach the to any pokemon in any way. [dd] if your oppoent has more than 6 cards you discard cards until they have 6 left.
2 darkrai [c] you may have your opponent switch their active with 1 of their bench - 10. [ddc] if the defending pokemon is asleep this attack does 80 - 40/80
2darkrai lvl x [poke b.] each basic dark energy does 10 more damage if the pokemon is dark [ddc] the defending pokemon is now asleep flip 2 coins instead of 1 between turns. if either of them is tails the defending pokemon is still asleep if both are tails the pokemon is ko'd if both are heads they are awake.

Last edited:
Okay, here's my idea for a list, like you asked:

2x Darkrai GE (the one from the starter deck)
2x Darkrai Lv.X
3x Wigglytuff
3x Jigglypuff
2x Xatu
2x Natu
4x Pachirisu

That's 18 Pokémon.

3x POV
2x Full Heal
3x Premier Ball
2x Wager
3x Celio's
3x Roseanne's
2x Castaway
4x PlusPower
4x Pokédex handy910s

That's 26 Trainers

4x Darkness Energy (special)
10x Darkness Energy (basic)
2x Psychic Energy

Strategy is to use Wigglytuff to put both active Pokémon to sleep, and then use Xatu to heal your active Pokémon. Darkrai is the main attacker, but Xatu can work in a pinch as well. You could call this deck "Naptime" or something, I guess. :lol:

hey guys i finshed 3 rounds of the testing battle and I won 2 of 3 battles xatu cleared my stats and darkrai finished porygon z and garchomp lvl x by round 10 for 2 games the first game i didnt know how to work it so its a blah round im still open to suggesttions but ill only replace if I see the need thanks politoed666 your awsome!!!!! ( so is everyone else but a little lower than politoed) the xatu block stat changes to my pokemon so i dont need sidney's anymore heres my new deck list that politoed help me make

2x Darkrai GE (the one from the starter deck)
2x Darkrai Lv.X
3x Wigglytuff
3x Jigglypuff
2x Xatu
2x Natu
4x Pachirisu

That's 18 Pokémon.

3x POV
2x Full Heal
3x Premier Ball
2x Wager
3x Celio's
3x Roseanne's
2x Castaway
4x PlusPower
4x Pokédex handy910s

That's 26 Trainers

4x Darkness Energy (special)
10x Darkness Energy (basic)
2x Psychic Energy

I owe you one politoed!!!

I think you need Night Maintenance for sure. No rare candy's?, Plus power seems like overkill. I try to avoid using Darkrai as an attacker unless I am playing LvX, otherwise he is to fragile.

I think a Warp Energy is always good in case you get a match up you don't like. I think you need claydol and I love Weavile (SW) just using him to grab 2 special darks is nice with a free retreat.

Y Call Energy also works nice to get going early. If you lose darkrai who is going to attack? Yo can use the new sleep inducing darkrai from MD, but I would go with Blissy instead. Your deck is to fragile to big hitters

Last edited:
I would go with the following

Darkrai 2-2
Weavile (SW) 3-3
Blissy 4-4
Claydol 2-2

4 SDE
4 Call Energy
10 Dark Energy

4 Roseannes
4 POV
4 Bebe's
2 Premier Ball (Maybe 3)
2 Night Maintenance
2 Warp Point
2 (trainer choice or Windstorm)

Sneasel Start to Weavile is usualy the best for acceleraltion. Weavile has the ability to grab two energies so by turn 3 you can have Darkrai fully spun up or 4-5 energy on Blissy.

Also if Weavile is in play turning Blissy dark can boost damage even more!

What I have found is your opening draw determines course. Do you want to begin with a Darkrai attack at the begining of the game or go with Blissy?

If you go with Rare Candys it is possible to Get A fully powered Darkria Lvl x with 3 energy by turn 2, but that is very hard to pull off.

For this to be your strategy I would think you would need at least 4 sneasels and 4 rare candys to have a shot at any type of consistency on this one.

No Rare Candies. It's pretty much a dead draw if you get it any later than turn 2. I don't like the idea of Blisskrai because it needs too many factors to work, and it gets pwnd by Gallade. Try this for the Pokémon:

2x Darkrai Lv.X
2x Darkrai
2x Claydol
2x Baltoy
3x Wigglytuff
3x Jigglypuff
2x Xatu
2x Natu
4x Pachirisu

That's 22 pokes.

To make up for the Claydol line, get rid of the PlusPowers. Try that against "The Kid."

ya thanks guys one problem

I dont own any claydolls what so ever ( more proxies here I come) if someone could post a website where i can find an image that would be helpful:lol::lol::lol::dark::dark::dark:

ok I now will battle

round 1 goes to me the bench were feally weak so yyyaaaaaayyyy me round 2 here I come

I've defeated a deck my lvl x fighter deck and now the kid!!!!!!

well I beat the kids deck once... round 2 yaaaaaaahhhhhooooooooo

well round 2+3 stunk I said it was pure luck.....

Last edited:
well i updated

energies: 17
2 phycic
8 dark energies
5 special dark energies

trainers: 22
4 pokedex 910 is
3 pov's
2 professer rowans
2 full heals
3 premeier balls
3 celios
2 castaways
3 roseannes reaserch
pokemon:

what politoed666
sujested...

well im tired and need my rest good night world...:lol:

update

the new face lift of my deck...
pokemon include:

2 X garcomp lvl x
2 X garcomp
2 X gible
2 X natu
2 X xatu
2 X darkrai lvl x
2 X baltoy
2 X claydol
2 X sneasal
2 X weavlie
2 X parchinsu

energies include:

6 X :dark: energies
4 X special :dark: energies
2 X pysic energies

suppoters include:

3 X roseanne's research
3 X pov
2 X castaways
3 X celios networks
2 X prof. rowan

trainers include:

2 X full heal
2 X rare candy
3 X premier ball
3 X pokedex handy 910's

basicly get garchomp lvl x out as soon as possible then whille doing that discard 3 :dark: energies and a darkrai lvl x send in garchomp x with or without energies use restore and bring darkrai out next turn attach an energy and presto 80 damage and asleep
xatu are in there in casue of special affects done to me
gible-garchomp x do i really need to even type what there for...
parchinsu are there to get out baltoy natu and gible

well thats the update thxs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back