Slow or speed lostgar?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by mrbusterman11, Mar 15, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
  1. mrbusterman11

mrbusterman11 New Member

Which is better a slow lostgar build or a speed lostgar build?

Thanks

2. rayquaza2222

rayquaza2222 New Member

I would say Speed, Because you want to get your set up fast so you can win

3. Blue Wave

Blue Wave New Member

I assume that you mean Lostgar with Vileplume when talking about "Slow Lostgar".

In this case, do go with the slower Vileplume version.
    A Speed Lostgar can only do so much, whereas the Vileplume version slows the game down to match the deckĀ“s pace - not to mention it does lock trainers, making it quite a difficult matchup for trainer-based decks.
    Currently, I barely see anyone testing Speed Lostgar, because the common opinion seems to be the Vileplume version is better.
    I think so as well.

4. vegitalian

vegitalian New Member

Speed Lostgar has a better Dialgachomp matchup, not to mention if the opponent sets up, it has a way better chance than the trainer lock version. They both have their uses.

5. StormFront

StormFront New Member

Slow Lostgar has the problem of bad mirror matchups (except for turbo Lostgar), because it runs so many pokemon. Most builds will run somewhere between 25-30. Meaning you're opponent is likely to hurl multiple pokemon into the Lost Zone every turn. Another problem is thats its difficult to tech in Spiritomb TM, because of the need to run Spiritomb AR. Personally atm I would either go for a balanced version of Lostgar and run techs like Palkia and Azelf LvX, or Lostgar with Vileplume because of more favourable SP matchups.

6. pokemonmaster50000

pokemonmaster50000 New Member

Speeed lost gar definatley because if you hurl turn 1 or 2 you will probably win