Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Slowking (XY: BREAKpoint 21/122): Royal Flash Questions

Otaku

I have some questions about "Royal Flash", found on Slowking (XY: BREAKpoint 32/122).

1) Assuming I flip "heads" for using Royal Flash, if my opponent has a Special Energy like Strong Energy that states it discards itself if it is attached to a non-Fighting-Type Pokémon, can I move it from an Active Fighting-Type to a Benched non-Fighting-Type in order to force the Energy to discard itself?

2) If my opponent has only an Active Pokémon in play and I attempt to use Royal Flash, what happens? I don't know if I cannot use it at all, can use it but the only result is I target an Energy if I get "heads" but it stays put as it has no where to move and wasted my use of Royal Flash (relevant if I later use Target Whistle so that there is indeed a Benched Pokémon) or if I can use it and (if I flip "heads") move the Energy to the non-existent Pokémon on the Bench causing it to be discarded (really doubt that last one).

Thank you for your time!

1. Yes, you can move it and it would be discarded.

2. You can use it, but it would fail. Abilities are not like playing Trainers, you can waste them.

Back