small but strong team?!

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Canadian Bacon, Oct 3, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Canadian Bacon

Canadian Bacon New Member

I am trying to make a team that has the least mount of people, but includes as many HM's as possible and as many types as possible. This team must include Torchic and its evolutions, someone who can fly and someone who can surf. Just say your suggestions and so it doesnt sound like a poll, write a simple reason why I should choose that team.

*please and thank you*

Last edited: Oct 3, 2003
  2. Canadian Bacon

I know that some people have looked at this post. HOW COME NO ONE HAS ANSWERED?!?!?!?!?!?!

3. Sea Crobat

Sea Crobat New Member

you might try a salamence for the fly.

4. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

Salamence + Blaziken + Gyrados + Tropius = Über four

5. Canadian Bacon

I dont know about Salmance, He is too hard to raise. But, so far I have a Nuzleaf(lv.19), Combusken(lv.19), and a Slakoth(lv.17). I already evolved my Slakoth, but then my batteries died and I never got to save him. Oh Yeah! I actually managed to get a female torchic, I am going to raise a team of Blazikens after i beat the game. Just add onto the team I already have, OK.

6. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

umm... hard to raise? most good pokemon are.

If you are trying to do it the fastest and easiest way possible, dont call it a small but strong team.

7. Canadian Bacon

Its not just too hard to raise, its just, i cant get a bagon until i get waterfall (unless i trade one from a friend), thats too long. By then i will already have my team picked out and raised. i wont really want to drop someone just to get a flier. but then again, what level does Bagon turn into Shellgon, then into Salmance? If i find that out, then maybe i will choose to raise him. tell me ok. also, what other pokemon should i use? i was thinking in the end: Slaking, Blaziken, Shiftry, Magneton, Salmance (maybe), and Wailord. If not Salmance i would choose Flygon or the Lati in my game.

Heres my team now:
    name/level/moves
    Combusken/22/double kick, peck, focus energy, ember
    Vigoroth/22/fury swipes, yawn, faint attack, slack off
    Nuzleaf/21/fake out, cut, bullet seed, nature power

improve on it

Last edited: Oct 15, 2003
  8. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

shiftry aint great, take him out for salamence:
    Bulk up/dragon claw/earthquake/???

Slaking's traunt makes him terrible to battle with and raise.take him out for vileplume, movelist should contain toxic.

Also, Bagon evolves at level 30, and into salamence at 50. Bagon is only catchable at level 37-42.

9. Canadian Bacon

Ill Probobly add Bagon just because usually when i beat the final gym leader, my people are around the levels you can catch him at. Also. I am choosing Slaking because at level 43 Vigoroth learns Focus Punch, along with his yawn well, thats just a good combo. just add on to focus punch and yawn, he must know them. I think you are right about shiftry, I think ill take him out for Vileplume instead of Slaking. Do you approve of the rest of the team that i put up? Please Respond, and how about someone else other than Kyfogre22 respond too.

10. Sea Crobat

Sea Crobat New Member

What Kyfogre said about Bagon only being catchable at lv. 37-42 is false. I found a male Bagon lv. 32 and a female Bagon(which I caught and raised to a Salamence), which was Lv. 25.

11. Canadian Bacon

fine! ill keep looking until i find one that strong so that he will fit, Happy?!?!?!?!?!?!

(not meant in a bad way)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2003
  12. Canadian Bacon

i guess no one is answering because it is 1:10 there, its only 8 here.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2003
  13. Canadian Bacon

scratch what i said about Vileplume. I dumped Nuzleaf (after all he did for me) for a Roselia. I just beat Wallace (or what ever the lightning leaders' name is) and Roselia is level 22, he knows mega drain, Cut, leech seed, and stun spore.

14. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Try Bellossom. I currently have a Bellossom with Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Petal Dance, & Magic Leaf. Don't underestimate him! He may be small, but he packs a powerfull punch!

15. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I like the Bellossom moveset, but I would raise one with Syntesis instead of Petal Dance and either Sludge Bomb or Toxic instead of Magic Leaf. A Pokemon doesnt really need 3 different attacks of the same type. This also works well for a Vileplume, and Plume gets STAB for Sludge Bomb as well as Solar Beam. The whole concept revolves around Sunny Day. Chlorophyl increases speed, Solar Beam takes only 1 turn, and Synthesis restores more HP while Sunny Day is going on.

16. Canadian Bacon

sounds ok, but i'm still going with Roselia. This is my team now:
    Name/Level/attacks
    Combusken/28/peck,rock smash, double kick, ember
    Vigoroth/28/fury swipes, yawn, faint attack, shock wave
    Roselia/29/Mega Drain, cut, magical leaf, grasswistle

i dont know if i should ad a grumpig, because i found a spoink (for the first time) should i? if not then i will just go with these three and salmance.

17. Canadian Bacon

My team has grown a lot since last night. Here they are:

Name/level/attacks

Vigoroth/36/slash, yawn, faint attack, shock wave
    I didnt let him evolve because at level 43 he learns focus punch. In the end he will know slash, focus punch, yawn, shock wave/facade}which should i choose out of these two.

Roselia/37/Giga Drain, cut, Magical leaf, grass whistle. in the end she will know: Grass whistle, giga drain, cut, sludge bomb

Blaziken/38/double kick, quick attack, rock smash, blaze kick. My pride and joy! This and Politoed are my favorite pokemon. I cant get Politoed in Ruby so i have Blaziken. Her (i got a female! kool, huh) moveset will be Sky uppercut, Blaze kick, aerial ace, and maybe earthquake.

I have a Zigzagoon for rock smash, surf, flash, and strength

Just 3 more gym leaders to beat and then i will get a Salmance, this is going to be and awesome team, thanks for the help guys and girls. ill keep on posting my team to keep you updated.

18. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

I'll tell you who's awesome. The Ralts line. Once one of them gets to a higher level (especially Gardevoir) they'll kick some serious poke-tail, let me tell you!

19. Canadian Bacon

I know, my friend raised one. I only have one gym leader to go until Salmance. I have raised my team a lot since this afternoon, here there are:
    Name/level/attacks

Wailmer/38/astonish, water pulse, dive, rest
    I just caught this one, at level 38, i taught him dive and im going to evolve him in 2 levels.

Roselia/39/Giga drain, Magical leaf, grasswhistle, cut
    i dont know if i should get rid of cut. i dont have to use it that often now so i dont know if i should keep it. if i get rid of cut ill teach it sludge bomb.

Blaziken/39/Double kick, Blaze kick, aerial ace, quick attack
    This is my fav. Ill teach him in the end:Blaze kick, Sky uppercut, Flame thrower, aerial ace

Slaking/43/Yawn, Focus punch, slash, shock wave
    I raised him ahead of the others because i wanted to teach him focus punch and evolve him real quick, I will keep his moves right now, all but shock wave, ill get rid of that for Thunderbolt.

(soon to be)Salmance/?/Dragon Claw, fly, earthquake, Crunch(if he can learn it)/Dragon breath.

This is my team, ill keep you updated

Last edited: Oct 19, 2003
  20. Sea Crobat

Sea Crobat New Member

Things you should know about Salamence:

Do not let Bagon evolve until lv. 49 or you will have to wait until lv. 70 or higher for Salamence to learn Dragon Claw.

Bagon, Shellgon and Salamence all learn Crunch naturally(Bagon lv.44).

Salamence learns Fly when it evolves(odd huh?).