Smeargle is broken. City reports

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by Dark Weedle, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Dark Weedle

Dark Weedle New Member

Im playing the real fire truck. Im pretty sure that fire trucks are for putting out fires, not starting them.
    Hurricane/tursmai/amazing/whatever you want to call it.

1690 going into cities i think

12/1 OKC OK
    Too long ago i cant remember, i was the only 4-1 to miss the cut.

12/8 ADA OK

i decide to super charge my engine and not play windstorm just to see how it works, which would have been great if half the field didnt play battle frontier :(((

Round 1: Cameron (magnezone/absol)
    I get paired out of age group first round. sweet. Anyway, im told hes playing some kind of new deck made by some team? I dont really see it. Umm feraligatr > magnezone nuff said?
    1-0

Round 2: Adrian (gard/gallade/sableye)
    Hes running a speed list with lots techs, and few basics. It becomes a huge problem when he has only a sableye active and a kirlia hes trying to power up on his bench. Cyclone energy to the gatr gg.
    2-0

Round 3: Danny fish (blissey/sableye)
    Soft balls lol. Really great deck idea the trianer engine is made to counter gard and amphy. He cant find a battle frontier and doesnt stop the fire truck from putting out the fire.
    3-0

Should have dropped now lol

Round 4: Roy (Gard/gallade/tech)
    This is as close to a 50/50 as ive found any deck can play with my gatr, it all comes down to how long he can keep the power lockdown. He gets it from turn 3 on i think i only get 1 energy draw this game but its still down to the wire. Its comes down to him having to tvr for his last dre with 5 cards left and he gets it. nice game.
    3-1

Finals: Adrian (gard/gallade/sableye)
    G1: Battle frontier lock from t2. i fail. maybe if i wasnt so bad at this game i could have come back. I went for the turn 2 delcatty so i wasnt able to set much up after that.

G2: Battle frontier lock turn 1 this time lol what a joke. Anyway, he doesnt get much going and i take advantage by setting up only gatrs and breaking tail spam for the win.

G3: my oppening hand is; smeargle, 5 energy, warp point. looks like i have this one in the bag. Top deck tgw and lose the rps game to draw into: 2 delcatty ex and a water energy yesssssss. He on the other hand, gets everything he needs to kill me next turn.

So i come in second and lose 4 points on the day

12/9 Sherman TX

i unsupercharge my engine and put windstorm back in lol

R1: Christian S. (tyrannitar/furret)
    i turn three him with gatr before he gets past pupitar
    1-0

R2: Danny fish (softballs)
    Windstorm does it!!! I get off to a monster start after he is one pluspower away from turn 2ing my croconaw.
    2-0

R3: Billy G. (Metragross ex/absol)
    He gets 3 mars in his first 3 turns plus absol hurts my set up a bit but once the gatrs got going he didnt have an answer.
    3-0
    i get the house!!

R4: Roy R ( Gard/gallade/tech)
    I tell him before the game im due to beat a gardevoir and im right, he struggles to set up and i get the truck rolling not really much of a game.
    4-0

R5: Clay C (Gard/gallade/absol)
    Game starts out with us both getting our setups, but im disabling his absol which is huge. I decide the best way to start things is to try to donk a trace heads to KO absol, which i do. Next turn he sends up gard, levels up, evolves his benched kirlia to a gallade, and brings down a skitty on my bench. Before he evolved to gallade i hasd the energy to pull off the ko on gard, but presented with the oppurtunity i let smeargle have a chance at it. Smeargle is broke and i hit the heads to do 140 and ohko gard lvl x with trace. Not much he can do after that he kos the smeargle and i have the energy to end it gg.
    5-0

im the biggest donk ever.

Top 4

Dana L (Bannete/lucario)
    G1: I get 2 delcatty and croconaw turn 2 wihtout use of supporters, and totally outspeed the t2 deck. I also hit the pluspower he needed with my breaking tail and he cant return a crucial ko on my gatr.
    1-0

G2: Not a game at all he cant find a lucario and i run away with it
    2-0

6-0

Finals: Roy R (gard/gallade/tech)
    G1: Im not sure im still due to beat gard. I get a better setup and eventually win it.
    1-0

G2: His setup is a bit better than mine but a crucial momemnt comes when i donk a trace heads to grab a ko. He misplays by using tsd early and isnt able to get a gallade back when he needs it, i win a close game. Good games.
    2-0

7-0

We need to build a smeargle/sableye/absol deck i dont see how it could ever lose

Props
    judges
    free fries at dairy queen
    no ice on the interstate back home
    X-0ing a city
    gard lvl x in packs
    school cancelled monday for weather yessss
    80 card decks
    i have the HOUSE

not props
    getting 2nd and losing pints
    elecivire
    battle frontier locks
    everyone and their mom playing absol sw
    roy not trading me his shiny smeargle :(

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  2. Jason

Jason New Member

gj on ur progress. :)

3. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

WTG Will DW!! So you still have the House!! Good job on the weekend altogether!!