Smearle's Paint, Sneasel, and Darkness Energy

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by davechri, Feb 7, 2004.

1. davechri

davechri New Member

My opponent has a Sneasel with 2 Darkness Energy attached.

My active is Promo Smeargle. I attack using Paint and flip a heads. I change his Type to be Psychic.

Am I correct in my belief that Sneasel can no longer use his Beat Up attack due to the fact that Darkness Energy on Non-Dark type Pokemon (and Pokemon without Dark in their name) provides only Colorless energy and not the 2 Darkness Energy required for Beat Up?

What if my opponent attached 2 Rainbow Energy? Would these be able to power a Sneasel that has been painted as colorless with the Darkness Energy required to us Beat Up? (I believe the answer to this is Yes, but I'm looking for confirmation.)

Thanks!

dc

2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

DARK ALWAYS PROVIDES DARK!!!!

keep that in mind......

Now, to get full answer..... Smeargle flips heads on Paint, say it chooses Psy

Psy Sneasel uses Beat Up (Dark still provides Dark!!!) but doesnt keep effect of extra damage it does, Since Sneasal isnt Dark Type anymore

As far as Darkness providing Colorless, it does sorta.... it provides the C of any attack, like Sharpedo's. It is WCC, a warter, whatever else and a Darkness will suffice, and then you can discard the Darkness.

Its just like Psy, Water, whatever energy type... it will provide its type, but not give off its effects....

3. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Still, given the way Darkness is now worded, it's worth getting an offical ruling on it.

4. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

It says on the new Ninty card that Darkness Energy provides :dark: Energy

Nowhere does it say that a darkness special energy is colorless when not on a dark type card.