Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sneasel Neo Genesis(the banned one) question

Nope.

Every heads flip increases the attack's base damage by 20. Dark Energy only increases the attack's overall damage after the base damage is calculated.

You do:
20*heads + 20 dmg

If u flip 2 heads and have 2 special energies attached on sneasel, you do 60 dmg because:

20*2=40+20=60

Btw. is sneasel banned?

No, the extra damage from the Darks is added to the total amount of damage that has accumulated after you've completed all the flips and multiplied each heads by 20. So in your scenario with the 2 special Dark attached, for example, a Beat Up that scored three heads would do a total of 80 damage (20 X 3 + 10 + 10).

Edit: Man, 2 in the morning and 2 other people beat me to this as I was typing it. Anyway I guess I can answer the question posed by the Ace about Sneasel being banned. It is not banned in Unlimited and never has been, although it was banned during the original Modified format (which included Neo: Genesis, where Sneasel hails from) way back in the early 2000s. Slowking was prohibited from that as well.

would a sneasel deck be good in unlimited???

l + ol... I mean, the card got banned from Modified for a reason. It basically ruled Unlimited, along with Slowking and Murkrow, back in the day. I haven't played Unlimited in forever and I don't know of many others who have either, since POP doesn't have any premier events for it (kind of a shame actually. If they did, a lot of cards wouldn't just fall into a black hole every time a rotation occurred in Modified). I imagine it would still be effective though, especially now that Dark energy is in basic form as well as special. Just keep in mind that it has always worked best with cards that disrupt the opponent's ability to set up and use trainers, which is where Slowking comes in.

Sneasel was broken in the modified format it was a part of, its no good in unlimited now.

why not? I think this list I came up with would be very effective.

Pokes: 18
4x Sneasel (genesis)
4x Cleffa (genesis)
3x Slowpoke (genesis)
3x Slowking (genesis)
4x Murkrow (revelation)

Trainers:
3x Bill (base)
3x Professor Oak (base)
4x Computer Search (base)
3x Item Finder (base)
2x Switch (base)
4x Focus Band (genesis)
2x Ecogym (genesis)
4x Gust of Wind (base)
3x Energy Charge (genesis)
2x Lass (base)
4x Darkness Energy(special)
5x Psychic Energy
3x Full Heal Energy

That list right there will be thrashed around by any good Unlimited deck now. All I have to do is shut off your Slowkings for one turn, and I win.

Sneasel is just too outdated to be very good, just like almost every other old-school attacker.

The two top decks in Unlimited right now are Vileplume ex and Rain Dance.

Vileplume works because it shuts down trainers period, and Rain Dance works because of Massive damage from Suicune ex.

I don't think any of my friends run any energy discard, but i like lumineon even better than crawdaunt cuz its an 8th the price... :)

Back