SoCal Granada Hills - Draft - Sat 8/9 - 9:30 - Legends Awaken!

Discussion in 'Prerelease Tournaments' started by bulbasnore, Jul 26, 2008.

1. bulbasnore

bulbasnore Administrator Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

We're having a big party for Legends Awakened at the OSFL School in Granada Hills.

This is the best site in L.A. County for a prerelease - cool, bright, big tables, comfortable chairs, parent tables, plenty of parking. Check out our map for location, and directions! See our Official POP Premiere Event Listing, too!

New players and a friend who brings a new player get a pack of Diamond and Pearl as a thank you! Tell the tournament registrar when you register!

Sealed 6-Pack Main Event - $25
    • Register at 9:30, open packs at 10:15, play at 10:45, lunch at 1.
    • 6 packs of Legends Awakened, plus promo and sleeves on entry.
    • 2 more packs of Legends Awakened when you complete play!
    • Random goodness drawing - packs and promo items every round.
    • Winner in each age division gets:
      • Organized Play Tournament Winner Pin!
      • 4 more packs of Legends Awakened!
      • 6 packs of Diamond and Pearl!
    • Second place in each age division gets:
      • 2 more Legends Awakened!
      • 3 packs fo Diamond and Pearl!
    Draft afterwards - $20
    • A can't miss event for the serious player or collector!
    • After the main event concludes we'll have as many pods of 8 as we have players and product to support.
    • Single elimination!
    • Pass-draft - 6 packs Legends Awakened - draft your rares or draft to win!
    • Winner & 2nd split prizes (1.5 x players, e.g. 8/4 for an 8 player pod)
    Nintendo DS Diamond and Pearl Video Game League
    • Season 1 will be between rounds of main event.
    • Season 2 will be during drafts.
    • Double Cup Rules, except your team can exceed Level 50. That's it!
    • Battle Revolution will level your Pokemon to Lv.50, so choose your Double Cup team & come read to participate.
    • League leader will take sign-ups of opponents who are both present to sign up for that round!
    • Both opponents get an entry to win 6 packs of Diamond and Pearl per 'Season'.
    • Battle winners (PBR battles only) receive a pack of Diamond and Pearl!
    • League Leader needed, contact bulbasnore by PM.
    Trading Figure Game demo and league!
    • We will demonstrate the Trading Figure Game during registration and at Lunch.
    • Season 1 will be between rounds of main event.
    • Season 2 will be during drafts.
    • Bring your own figures and participate in league play
    • 3-figure games
    • League play winners receive a Diamond and Pearl pack and both players get to enter for the Diamond and Pearl 6 pack drawing for each Trading figure league 'season'.
    Who is coming? Roll call:

2. grapevine

grapevine New Member

why so early this time around? i remember last time it was at 1:15 PM. might be harder to make this time for me.

3. bulbasnore

Sorry to hear that but, c'mon by for the draft if you can!

Just a note, we're adding posters to the prizes for top 4 in each age group.

4. Crosplat

Crosplat New Member

I will be there! I got all my SAT work done, so I can actually make it.

5. bulbasnore

Awesome! Now I just need to find someone to help with the PBR/VG LEAGUE.

6. bulbasnore

50 players, about 10 brand new! The only downside -- only 5 Sr. Thus, we have five rounds.

I would like the thank our Judge, Ventura League Leader, Grinning Gengar; our hostess, Granada Hills League leader and mom of the SoCal Regional MA winner, Marilyn; player and Sherman Oaks/Toy Mandala League Leader, Alex. Thanks for all you do for the players and for helping with this event.

Crosplat: thanks for bringing your swag for the kids and working with Mason to run the video game league.

Parents of the players ... I'm so proud to know you and I thank you heartily for bringing your daughters and sons and their friends (and for filling our organizational needs ad hoc through the event).

Our players today: you have been fun & funny, on time, listeners to announcements and game procedures. I am the envy of the nation in that you all, new or experienced, young and old, find a way to fill out your match slips correctly and let our judge judge. You rock. Thanks for coming.

7. Crosplat

Crosplat New Member

Thanks for letting me help out! It was really fun, and I cannot wait for the next tournament that you run. They are always awesome:thumb: