Tournament Location
Hilton Pasadena, 168 south Los Robles Ave., Pasadena, CA; PH: 626-577-1000

Cost to Enter
Tournament entry is FREE!

Registration and Start Time
Registration for Round 1 opens at 8:30 am and closes at 9:50 am

The Pasadena Regional Championship player's meeting begins at 10:00 am

How to Sign-Up and Play
Arrive onsite no later than ½ hour before the tournament start time. Thank you.

Please allow enough time to fill out your decklist prior to Registration closing — download it now, fill it out, and bring it with you! You will need to turn in your decklist to register for the tournament. Also, please rememeber to bring your POP ID. Thanks.

Prizes
The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place
  • Pokémon TCG Regional Champion Trophy
  • Travel award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18), US Residents only, to the 2008 U.S. National Championships at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio (Visit www.originsgames.com for more information)*
  • Scholarship award worth $1500
  • Full Show Pass to the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio, U.S. residents only*
  • A reserved event ticket for the U.S. National Championships (player must complete and return the Origins Pre-Registration form)
  • Combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
  • Other cool Pokémon merchandise

2nd Place
  • Pokémon TCG Regional Championships 2nd Place Trophy
  • Scholarship award worth $1000
  • Full Show Pass to the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio, U.S. residents only*
  • A reserved event ticket for the U.S. National Championships (player must complete and return the Origins Pre-Registration form)

3rd Place
  • Pokémon TCG Regional Championships 3rd Place Trophy

4th Place

5th - 8th Place
  • Combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

9th - 16th Place
  • Combination of 9 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

* If you have already earned a travel allowance or Origins Pass (U.S. residents only) as a previous 2008 S/P/T Championship winner, your prizes will "stack." Forms for claiming Origins Full-Show passes must be completed by the winner, but may be assigned to anyone the winner chooses. Canadian and Mexican winners do not receive Origins admission passes.

Additionally, participants will receive a Pokémon TCG Regional Championship promo card and a commemorative Regional Championships pin, while supplies last, just for playing!

Side Events
Booster drafts will be offered throughout the day and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$25 entry fee; prizes = 5 boosters for 1st, 3 boosters for 2nd, and 2 boosters for 3rd-4th.

Constructed tournaments will be available and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$5 entry fee; prizes = 5 boosters for 1st, 3 boosters for 2nd, and 2 boosters for 3rd-4th.

Team side events will be offered as interest warrants. Pricing and prizes presented onsite.

Tournament Structure
Age-Modified Swiss (1 game matches), with Top 2-16 single elimination (best 2 of 3 games) in each age group including playoffs for 3rd and 4th place.

Tournament Format
Modified

I'm not sure, but it should be in the same area.... actually, I think all the ballrooms are in the same area, so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Just follow the trail of Pokémon Cards, you should be OK... :lol:

Crisbo ( one one of the guys who does the tournament) he said it is in an diffrent room, (he was the guy on the pcs by states)

Anyone bringing Brawl to play again? If not, a friend and I might..

which deck has the most chances to win the reginals??? G&G? magmortar? Blissey? Lucario? darkrei? Gyrados or something else what do think???

I can bring my Wii and Brawl if no one else is going to, but I can't bring a TV. Also, if I were to bring it, someone would have to watch it the entire time or my parents/brother won't let me take it.

I can bring my Wii and Brawl if no one else is going to, but I can't bring a TV. Also, if I were to bring it, someone would have to watch it the entire time or my parents/brother won't let me take it.
I would probably be hovering around the general vicinity of any Brawl setups I see while I'm not playing in the tournament. Unfortunately playing in the tournament will take up most of my time.

Back