Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SoCal Regional -- 5.14.05

PTE_Karl

Hi all,

Please reply to this thread if you will be attending the SoCal Regional. If you are coming from out-of-town, please indicate how many players are cramming into your car/minivan/small truck/bus. Thanks.

Below is the info on the SoCal Regional. :clap:

Tournament Location
San Onofre Community Center, Bldg. 51919 Basilone Rd., Camp Pendleton, CA; Ph: 760.725.4310

Cost to Enter
Tournament entry is FREE!

Registration and Start Time
Registration opens at 9:00 am; Reg. for Round 1 closes at 9:50 am

The SoCal Regional begins at 10:00 am

How to Sign-Up and Play
Arrive onsite no later than ½ hour before the tournament start time. Thank you.

Please allow enough time to fill out your decklist prior to Registration — download it at www.ptegames.com, fill it out, and bring it with you! You will need to turn in both your registration slip (available onsite) and decklist at Registration. Also, please rememeber to bring your POP ID. Thanks.

Prizes
The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place :thumb:

• Pokémon TCG Regional Champion Trophy
• Invitation to the Pokémon TCG World Championships in August 2005
• Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championships
• Scholarship award worth $1500 (go to www.op.pokemon-tcg.com for details and restrictions)
• $300 travel allowance to attend the Origins International Game Expo and participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships (this allowance will be given on-site at the event)
• Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
• Combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

2nd Place

• Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Trophy
• Invitation to the Pokémon TCG World Championships in August 2005
• Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championships
• Scholarship award worth $1000 (go to www.op.pokemon-tcg.com for details and restrictions)

3rd Place

• Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Trophy
• Scholarship award worth $500 (go to www.op.pokemon-tcg.com for details and restrictions)

4th Place

• Scholarship award worth $500 (go to www.op.pokemon-tcg.com for details and restrictions)

5th - 8th Place

• Combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

Side Events

Booster drafts will be offered throughout the day and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$15 entry fee; prizes = 5 boosters for 1st, 3 boosters for 2nd, and 2 boosters for 3rd-4th.

Constructed tournaments will be available and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$5 entry fee; prizes = 5 boosters for 1st, 3 boosters for 2nd, and 2 boosters for 3rd-4th.

Team side events will be offered as interest warrants. Pricing and prizes presented onsite.

GBA head-to-head battles will also be ongoing throughout the day. Winner receives 1 booster (you may only receive 1 booster for winning 3 times).

Tournament Structure
Age-Modified Swiss-style (1 game matches), with Top 4-16 single elimination (best 2 of 3 games) in each age group.

Tournament Format
Modified

Last edited:
WOOT, my backyard!!!

Myself and Marsh will be going, along with the NPPA KArl so about 10 maybe?

yay...San Diego it is...Weilemom, map PLEASE!!! :wink: Pendelton is like super HUGE, wouldn't want to get lost and arrive late to a WORLD qualifier...the sooner the better, thanks!!! and my car is running just fine now, so no excuses!!! umh me and FRODO should be there, as well as TEAM LA...let the games BEGIN!!!

laters

Jess_E

Maybe, I might go. Probably will have to bring body guards if I do go. The Cali players would freak out if I show up. Shall we start predicting favored winners?

Stripes said:
Maybe, I might go. Probably will have to bring body guards if I do go. The Cali players would freak out if I show up. Shall we start predicting favored winners?

I'd get banned again if I say something about cali players freak out, sooo. Who is gonna win?

Chad
Martin
Kevin F
or
myself.

GG

What's a Marroquin?

Yeah, The King of the West will be there. So is Big Kev.

Last edited:
Well I hope it has a nice turn out, and runs good. I really do hope you live up to your name Martin as King of the West and not the guy who lost to some person from the east. I mean that sincerelly since I most likely won't show up. Good luck people!!

TRUK, tecdecs and I should be there. I seem to recall last year's GCs and Stadium were ALL won by central cali and san diego players.....Hmmmm. Good luck to all participating, hope i don't get lost finding this place =p

The rec center is pretty easy to find: take the Basilone Road exit from I-5 and go east. Check in at the gate to the base (make sure you have your CA registration/license/proof of insurance with you in case they ask for it); you'll be asked where you're going, and if you need directions that's the time to ask. The rec center is on the right side of the road in the same area as the Burger King and exchange.

'mom

I'm going to try to come. It's a bit far for me. If I can go I will probably be bringing 3 other people.

Last edited:
Sharif said:
San Diego is sweeping each division. By me =)
very awesome bro...so this is how I see it: Sharif the III to take the 10-under... Sharif the II to clean house in the 11-14 age division and Sharif the I to clean house in the 15+ age division...yes, SWEET!! so no reason for me to go :wink: you should be a comedian Sharif, I'm all teary eyed :biggrin:

Jess_E :thumb:

I'll attempt to make it....anybody else from the modesto area gonna trek to this one? Any chances for hopping a ride? *wonders*
~Flare

Back