Some idea for togekiss

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by wolfroke, Mar 9, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
  1. wolfroke

wolfroke New Member

okay, well i had an idea of using a 3-2-3 like for togekiss and Porygon2, maybe porygon-Z line of 2-2-2 or 2-2
    So that way Porygon2 can grab a BTS so i can hyper Evolve Togekiss when needed and help attacking pokemon. Problem is, I don't know what pokemon i should use for my main attacking. can anyone help?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  2. Rogue Archetype

Rogue Archetype Moderator <br> Contest Host

Which Togekiss..

Which Porygon2 ...

Which Porygon Z ..

Noone can help you until they know set/set number and they know EXACTLY which cards you're talking about.

3. wolfroke

wolfroke New Member

oops sorry

Togekiss from Triumphant and Porygons from the pack, not promo

4. tomoyosfan1

tomoyosfan1 Member

The issue that you end up facing is that you already have a Stage 2 line and a Stage 1 line just to play a support role. With the speed of decks nowadays, good luck getting Togekiss, Porygon2, and whatever main attacker you plan to play (which is probably another Stage 2 line) out when most good decks are able to set up in the first couple turns.

If you're dead set on using Togekiss, I'd suggest Mew Prime, so you can Lost Zone a Togekiss and keep using Mew to use the attack. At least that way, you only have to worry about setting a basic up instead of setting up a Stage 2 line to shuffle it away.

5. wolfroke

wolfroke New Member

Well thing is the Togekiss is just an added supporter to the deck, not like a major massive role. I could probably run a 2 line, maybe even one if needed. Porygon would be there just to speed up the Evolution rate, both of the Togekiss if in desperate need and main attacker, which could rely on being healed every now and then.

Attacker should be something that can tank or something along those lines. Togekiss is my cleric, and porygon2 is the supporter

6. X_empoleon_X

X_empoleon_X New Member

So you plan on running 3 stage 2 lines. Regardless of the quantity of each of those lines, that quite alot of pokemon already and even so, Porygon2 /Z ( i assume you're using the TR porys) aren't incredibly great unless you deck revolves around a certain stadium which you really need to get out, in which case porygon2 might have some use especially in grabbing those BTS's. Porygon-Z isn't as useful seeing as it gives you a 50/50 chance of getting you back a trainer card from your deck. It may sound good but really you should be playing multiple's of the important trainers anyway (apart from Luxury Ball) and even then, you could use Junk Arm or even Marley's Request which save you time from setting up a pokemon.

Togekiss is a bit odd - It heals all your pokemon (spread decks aren't too common in the current meta) and you shuffle Togekiss back into your deck. Unless you have some kind of wall that doesn't mind taking damage, you may just end up giving your opponent an easy prize. It's not the worst of cards but there are indeed better options if you want to reduce bench space (Seeker, Super Scoop Up or even Life Herb)

There aren't many tank decks around right now. The only competitive tank deck is DialgaChomp, though Steelix Prime and Tyranitar Prime can effectively tank seeing as their HP is so high or if you can make it work -Torterra UL

7. wolfroke

wolfroke New Member

Running a stage 2 Porygon line is kind of off and not needed for what I'd like to think of really.
    I have in mind just a 2-2 Porygon2 Line, 2-2-2 Togekiss line for now. I'd just like some ideas for tanking pokemon now that i think about it.
    Like something close to Donphan, reducing attack done to them.