Some minor SSMB help?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Dunjohn, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

Another day, another topic for this 2-year-old game.

The copy I got at Christmas didn't come with a manual, so I've had to figure nearly everything out myself. I've got most of it, but there's just one thing bugging me: teams. How do you set them? Can I enter a Vs. game against my brother with each of us having a CPU-controlled teammate?

And also, I finally unlocked the Sounds Test last night. The Narrator set of sounds - the disembodied voice that calls out the name of your selected character - includes Giga Bowser and Master Hand. When are these used in the game?

Cheers!

2. Swmpert 2004

Swmpert 2004 New Member

This was really weird.
    I battled the boss (the new hand) then I doged his hand slap attack & the game froze and Master hand appered so I had to battle 2 bosses (so glad my friend was there so someone could believe me)! This happened in the Normal difficulty of classic also, my friend told me that Master Hand appered in event match 50.
    Whats Giga Bowser??? ( I answered you 10 minutes later after you posted the thread. :cool: Thank me.)

and whats Super Smash Milton Bradley? SSMB. edit the title dude.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2004
  3. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

:rolleyes: Y'know, one of these days, I'm gonna stop making that mistake...

I've never encountered that glitch (?) before. The game froze and then unfroze with two Hands? Cool. Did you beat them ;) ?

As for Giga Bowser, you'll find out about him once you pass those 50 missions. I do have his trophy, though, so I presume he's not playable. Ditto for Master Hand. That's why I'm wondering why they had announcer-voices recorded for them.

4. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

because they were originally planned as secret characters and could be brought into the game via hacking methods or a promo in Japan. In the english version, there are potentially 24 playable characters and 2 other characters that you face but will never use, whereas in the Japanese version there are potentially 26.

5. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

okay to set team battle, highlight the text on the upper left hand corner of screen and press a. That should set the team battle, the thing is I forget what it says.

6. Swmpert 2004

Swmpert 2004 New Member

Oh, actually it wasnt a glitch. The game froze & the Master Hand came in like the new hand and was acting weird like he was playing the piano. And at the end of the turbo hand attack the two hands slapped together. It was so hard!!! Thats why I didnt beat them. :(

7. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

To beat master and crazy hand, you just need to learn to dodge. Finish master hand first, since it'll be weaker.

8. Swmpert 2004

Swmpert 2004 New Member

Yeah, thats what I did. Do YOU know how to get crazy hand on the screen? Because I have NO clue why he appeared.

9. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

I tackled Crazy before Master. I reckoned I'd done Master so many times before that he'd be a pushover when I was finished with his brother, even though I'd have taken considerable damage. That worked well.

Thanks, Articjedi, I'll try that team VS thing.

10. Valker

Valker New Member

It's better to take out Crazy Hand first. He's a lot more dangerous if left alive.

11. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

But if you ko master hand first, you don't get hammered by team attacks as badly, oh well. Crazy hand comes in when you're in at least normal difficulty, and I think if you beat all of the other levels in about 5 minutes, it appears.

12. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

I tried that and, bang on cue, Crazy appeared after about a minute (with my Yoshi frozen mid-vertical-smash, making it look like Master had just hit him with a one-finger uppercut). That was really rather neat. Since Master was half-dead by that point I finished him off first. They didn't get a chance to team-up on me.

I couldn't get that Team Vs. thing to work. It probably doesn't exist; surely they'd make it obvious if it did.