Some nice old Pokemon cards, please help me with selling them!

Discussion in 'Collecting and Card Price Discussion' started by ODLdragonjoe, Jun 20, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. ODLdragonjoe

ODLdragonjoe New Member

Hi all, I was a huge Pokemon card junkie when I was younger, but now that I have lost interest in the whole Pokemon card scene, I would like to get rid of them, and make some money while I'm at it. However, I'm not sure where I should start. I live in the south suburban Chicago (Illinois, natch), and am not sure if I should:

A. Put out a Craigslist listing. This is how I sold my Wii recently, so I'm leaning towards this.
    B. eBay? The whole shipping thing worries me though.
    C. Find a TCG shop that would buy them off of me. I know I'd be getting gypped if I went that route, but hey, it'd be easier than eBay.

here are some of the more valuable ones that I have (according to your pricing guide, at any rate):

Holographic Gyrados (Base set)
    Holographic Dragonite (Fossil set)
    Dragonite (Fossil set)
    Dragonair (Base set)
    Holographic Hitmonlee (Fossil set)
    Holographic Muk (Fossil set)
    Holographic Dark Weezing (Team Rocket set)
    Snorlax (Jungle set)
    Zapdos (Fossil set)

I have a bunch more, but they aren't worth as much, so I really don't know how I should handle this situation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, ThanksQ

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2008
  2. poke-geri

poke-geri New Member

I'd sell them on Ebay...
    But if you aren't an Ebay member yet, it'll take a while until you can sell cards.. If i remember right, does it take about 1 or 2 weeks until you're a member.. (not sure)

But Ebay is very good... you dont have to worry about the shipping thing... It's easy and good..

Geri

3. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Umm, well personally I'd be more worried about having the buyer come to my house and meet me in person rather than just ship it to them, but that is just me. I'd just sell them all at once as a big lot on eBay. None of the cards you listed there are worth more than $4, so you're best bet is to sell everything in one lot. Because chances are that half of them wouldn't sell listed individually, and you'd loose a lot on the shipping and ebay fees. Also, it will take a lot less time to do one lot. Some TCG shops might not even want that old stuff, especially if it isn't mint, so go with eBay.

4. ODLdragonjoe

ODLdragonjoe New Member

Thanks for the help guys. I'll see how well eBay goes for me (I do already have an eBay account set up, so now worries there).