Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Some "Official" news

Sensei

Team Compendium Emeritus
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
Hey everyone,Jimmer passed on some info that he said could be public now,so I`ll pass it along to everyone here.Most of this we already knew or had inklings to,so enjoy.Oh,and remember,as we`ve learned from the past,as always any info is subject to change.:)

•CC winner earns 1-2 byes at States depending on attendance of CC.

•States give 2 round byes for Nationals.

•Nationals will be at Origins and will be open to all.

•Gym Challenges and Stadium Challenges will provide invites to Worlds.

That`s all that was released,so look for more complete info in the near future!

Last edited:
Sensei said:
•Gym Challenges and Stadium Challenges will provide invites to Worlds.

I wonder if these will be like what WOTC had, where the Gym Challenges were on the local level and the Stadium were two or three around the US.

Last edited:
Re

Any word on exactly HOW MANY people need to be at a CC to earn ONE bye and TWO?
Also STATES just gives 2 byes to Nationals? No trip?
Is Nationals giving TRIPS away to Worlds?
AND as far as the GCs and SCs, are they JUST invites or trips as well.

Anyway at least States means something, i thought it was going to be worthless, but at least you earn 2 byes, but kind of USELESS if you live in California and have to pay like WOAH $$ to go to Ohio. Thanks for the info, though.

They have updated their City Champ website with this and more info.

Pay attention, it looks like more info will becoming all this week, in anticipation of the first City Champs!

All TOs should be seeing their product soon, which usually causes a leak or 2.

M45

Scizor said:
Any word on exactly HOW MANY people need to be at a CC to earn ONE bye and TWO?

At first the CCs had to have at least 24 players for the winners to get the VIP package, but that was changed once all the locations were finalized to at least 8 players. Maybe the 24 players now are what is need to get the two byes?

Re

Yeah i would think that they would give away 1 bye for 8-23 people tournaments and for the 24+ 2 byes. Anyway the reason i ask all of this stuff (in additon to wanting to know) is because there has to be some reason to go to Nationals, if there i only a Worlds Invite and that can also be obtained at a Gym or Stadium Challenge, what is the point of Nationals? Basically what i am saying is if they aren't giving away trips to Worlds at States, are they even going to at all? And again, if there are INVITES at a GC AND SC, there is really not much of a point to CC, SC, or Nationals. Anyway, my 2 cents. Hopefully i can find some of this out soon.

I hate having to wait:). This is very good news tho, altho i hope States and Gym Challenges provide trips cause many people including myself wont be able to make it to worlds without a trip. Hell, im in Michigan and still have not been able to get to Orgins:( Maybe this year *I Hope*:(

tA

Im sure the TO for the CC will have more information when you get there. The only thing I know about the State Championships is I was told the Prizes would be very good like they were with the R&S Challange. Dont get me wrong the prizes for the CC and Prerelease are great, but support the State will have even more. Cant wait. :)

[email protected] Everyone should e-mail them and argue the free trips to worlds for NCs and SCs! Firebomb and I have- its a quick thing. Just identify the fact that "no one" will go to worlds then and they will lose money and support from the dedicated winners and best players. They will need to provide trips to us for buying sommany products. Thousands of dollars over our lifetimes! We are all, usually, heavy spenders on nintendo merchandise and not providing trips is blatantly unfair.

"Not providing trips is blatantly unfair"

Oh jeez, here we go again.....

When you pay for your packs, you get your cards. You have supported the game, but you are not entitled to anything, trips or the like.

Trips would be nice, but to claim entitlement to them, as you are doing, seems over the edge.

Nintendo has already invested a lot into the OP group, and will continue to do so.

This line of claiming you are entitled will only turn anyoner reading this off.

M45

Trips are nice, but also just having PUI tournaments in the area. Sometime we just have to take what PUI gives us, just like life :D Just my thoughts. I am going to try and make it to Origins, just working out plans with the wife to go :thumb:

My best guess, and IMO this is very likely is that:

NATIONALS of each country that has one will have a TRIP (or probably more trips for the USA, like top 4 of each age group)

No trip was expected for City or Stadium...

Irwin top 4 in each age group will cost too much! If there isn't enough money in the kitty for a single page advert in a well targeted magazine then what hope for Nationals?

I still believe that we will get Nationals even if its just the usual suspects who step in at the last moment and pick up the pieces. But my crystal ball is awfully quiet about predicting if there is money for trips from the UK. All I see is PokePops magic 8 ball: and its all tied up waiting for rules questions to be answered from Japan.

As much as I'd love to have trips specially as being 16 and not having Poke Supporter Parents. I do understand where Nintendo would not want to hand out trips at all these different tournaments. It's alot of money. Here's what they'll do-To the top 4 at Gym and Stadiums they'll give them Invitations just as Wizards does in Magic. Once you get the invitation it is up to you whether you make it or not. (If I am correct about this if not somebody correct me) I do beleive that some trips should be handed out but not that many. Yes I know this would limit people from coming. Ok can't wait to hear more about the next events specially since I'll be busy poking people with a sword instead of being at a City Championship. Ok everyone enjoy their time.
Later,
Nick G.

NoPoke said:
I still believe that we will get Nationals even if its just the usual suspects who step in at the last moment and pick up the pieces. But my crystal ball is awfully quiet about predicting if there is money for trips from the UK. All I see is PokePops magic 8 ball: and its all tied up waiting for rules questions to be answered from Japan.

I'd say something, but my Magic 8 Ball was pretty off the last time I tried it.
:p

Well, my question would be if CC's are in feb. & March, and St. C in April & May, and Origins will be in June, when are the gym's & stadium challanges & Worlds going to take place?

Re

i don't want to spoil anything but let's just say that there is a very good chance there are PAID trips to Worlds being given out to winners at certain events. As far as the Gym and Stadium Challenges, i don't know when they are gonna happen, but i'll tell you guys something: Nintendo has FAR exceded my expectations. IMO they have done everything right and they continue to prove me wrong and IMPRESS me all the time :)

Back