Some questions about Bounce Energy

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Physics Squirrel, Feb 29, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Physics Squirrel

Physics Squirrel Active Member

I've got a few questions about Bounce Energy's bounce.

First, are you allowed to attach it to a pokemon that has no basic energy cards attached (none can be returned to your hand)? I assume you can't, but not sure.

Either way, are you allowed to attach Bounce Energy as an additional energy with Exp Venusaur's Harvest Bounty and get around the 'bounced' basic energy?

I'm sorry if this was already answered on the forums, if so, I couldn't find it. I hope you understand.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2004
  2. dkates

dkates New Member

I don't know if the answer's here on the Gym, but the answer to the first question is, no, you can't. The word "only" was left out of the text.

As for the second question, if I'm understanding you right, you're saying you would use the first Energy attachment to attach a Basic Energy, then the Harvest Bounty to attach Bounce, pulling back the Basic Energy from the normal attachment. I don't see why it wouldn't work. I fail to see how it would be useful, but I think it would work.

3. duanojo

duanojo New Member

What he'd be trying to do is get two colorless energy attached on one turn. For example, say you have a Vigoroth on the field with no energy attached and a psychic and a bounce in the hand. Attach the psychic and then bounce it back to use later while still powering up Vigoroth for "Fury Swipes."