Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Some Questions about Grinder

KingGengar

1. Is it top 4 in 3 divisions getting in (according to the official website)? I had heard a rumor that it might be top 12.

2. It says Swiss pairings, but I had heard also that it's "one loss and go home." Sorry to be ignorant, but which one is it?

there are a guaranteed 4 seats in each age group available through the grinder. any additional seats depend on a number of factors; the ultimate decision is up to POP.

any unused invites **DO NOT** automatically get added to the 4 seats per age group.

if it says swiss in the grinder FAQ, it's swiss. any 'one loss and go home' is speculation on the part of the players as to the type of record that will be required to win a seat in the grinder in masters.

'mom

No. As 'Mom just said and as it says in the faq it is a swiss tournament. That means you play until the end or until you drop. The question is just how many spots will there be to fill. As of this moment the only guarantee is 4 spots in each age division.

No. As 'Mom just said and as it says in the faq it is a swiss tournament. That means you play until the end or until you drop. The question is just how many spots will there be to fill. As of this moment the only guarantee is 4 spots in each age division.

For Masters at least last year in Hawaii - 9 players Grinded in. One 8-0, Six 7-1's and Two 6-2's
(I went 6-2 but I was 5 spots off in tiebreker to get in) So it is not necessarily one loss and you are done. But just go and have fun playing the grinder, as it is an absolute blast. My first one in 2006 was 9 rounds and lasted until 3:00 am. I never ever had more fun playing pokemon then I did that night. I went 5-4 and had a blast. Go enjoy the grinder, you will not be dissapointed.

Back