Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Something new in the TM TA Theme decks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepeppokemon

it says on the press release article on pokemontcg.com that the theme decks will now include a half-size playmat!!

Last edited:
extras from PUSA, nice...

Not sure how many people will be that excited bout it tho.

i know most people wont really care, but im happy because now i have something to put my cards on when i play them in the summer outside!!

thepeppokemon said:
i know most people wont really care, but im happy because now i have something to put my cards on when i play them in the summer outside!!

Some might, cause at the Dragon Prerelease, the kids and players really enjoyed the playmat that were there. I think it is a good idea just so new players have them to learn and play on. It is what Yu-Gi-Oh does in all of their theme decks.

Some might, cause at the Dragon Prerelease, the kids and players really enjoyed the playmat
What playmat was that then? Just wonder because we never saw them in the UK and the old WotC playmats are getting a little too tattered to use much more...

Anyone have a scan of them so we can lobby our OP provider for them..

Last edited:
ukpokemonpro said:
What playmat was that then? Just wonder because we never saw them in the UK and the old WotC playmats are getting a little too tattered to use much more...

Anyone have a scan of them so we can lobby our OP provider for them..

There are a few pictures of the playmats in these pictures located as links at the very bottom of the screen of this page:

http://www.gameflorida.com/pokemonflorida/events/prerelease/dragon.html

I'd scan one in if I kept one.
-Phil

Gym Leader Blaine said:
Some might, cause at the Dragon Prerelease, the kids and players really enjoyed the playmat that were there. I think it is a good idea just so new players have them to learn and play on. It is what Yu-Gi-Oh does in all of their theme decks.

We've laminated around 4 of the playmats over the years, from various sets, and keep them flat against the wall behind some furniture. They're great to pull out and play on when friends come over. Its a bit costly to have it done, but I've never regretted it as it keeps them from going to tatters, as UKPRO is experiencing.

IMO the Dragon one (w/ Flygon & Salamence swooping at each other from each side of the mat) was one of the coolest ever and the only full mat we have. The rest are half-mats.

If I could find my digicam :mad: I'd take a picture for you, UKPRO.

OH good! We love the playmats. We've always laminated them too. The kids always have more fun playing on them, even the older ones like to use them.
By the way...does anyone have an extra Dragon mat they would like to get rid of???
---Nicole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back