Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Something that has been bothering me...

Lord Broly

So I have a little somethin that I need to get off my chest. This has been
really bugging me so much and well it's just frustrating to see it keep
happening.

Why aren't people running Call Energy in Dialga Chomp? It's so good!

Pro's:
- Help's if you get a bad start. It's good because you can get a Smeargle
with it so that next turn you are able to Portrait and possibly hit a Collector
or Cyrus.
- Makes it so your less likely to be donked. Three Basic's in play are way
better than two. No more of this Seeker mumbo jumbo.
- Another option to do if you can't get the Turn 1 Deafen. Pretty self explanitory.
- It's a colorless energy which mean's any Pokemon that requires a Colorless
to attack like Uxie LA for example can use it.
- Consistent Starts. I don't know about you guy's but I absolutely love having
consistent start's every game. Being able to follow the same strategy without
having to drift away from it in every game is a huge factor.

Con's:
- Can be a dead draw late game. Aw man I need a Special Metal/Metal next turn
so I can finally Remove Lost for game. Draw..... Call Energy..... Dam.....
- Unsearchable. There is no way to search for this card in the deck. The only
way you could is if you use Energy Exchanger. But not alot of list's play that
so it's not to good.
- List's are very very tight. Do you think it's a good idea to not have Call Energy
in your deck when it make's your deck more consistent? Would you sacrifice
consistency for more Recovery/Disruption/Adaptability?

What is everyone else's thought's about this? By the way is there anything i'm
missing?

Let's see...
4 Double Colorless
4 Special Metal
2 Warp Energy
2/3 Basic Metal
1/2 Psychic
= 13-15 Energy.
There is simply no way to add Calls without making your energy count ridiculous. You could go -2 Warp and -2 Basic energy, but it's preference and Warp is amazing.

I'm very impressed by the exacting correctness of R_A's answer.

I ran Call in my Dialga this weekend and normally I would swear by it, but after that, I'm not so sure anymore. I just couldn't fit EVERYTHING I needed in without taking out most of my Basic Energy, and every loss I had was in part due to missing out on SOME crucial energy. All of 'em!

But even then, I feel that between collector and Call there should be about 6-8.
I have 4 Collector and 3 Call in mine and it's uber consistent.

Yeah, I set up 7 out of 8 games too, it's just I fell behind later on in 3 out of those 7.

My list( All people in FInland, spy and netdeck this: It's a great DG list)

1 DIalga G X
2 DIalga G
1 GArchomp C X
3 GArchomp C
1-1 Staraptor FB LV.X
2-1 Uxie LV.X
1 Azelf LA
1 Bronzong G
1 Crobat G
1 Lucario GL
1 Dragonite FB
1 Drifblim FB

4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
4 Poke Turn
4 Energy Gain
3 Power SPray
2 SP Radar
3 Pokemno Collector
2 Bebe's Search
1 Aaron's Collection
1 Looker's Investigation/judge
1 Twins
1 VS Seeker
1 Junk Arm
1 Expert Belt
2 Galactic HQ
1 Conductive Quarry

4 DCE
3 Spec Metal
2 Basic MEtal
1 Warp Energy
1 Psychic Energy

No Room at all. Nothing. Would have to take out critical parts of the deck.

Last edited:
Can't agree with you more, Call is sick in the deck.

I certainly don't want to get donked in best of one at States, and I won't let luck decide my destiny at a tournament. A call can turn an Azelf start into an Azelf start with a Garchomp and a Dialga. It's such a huge difference.
This would be my energy count:

4 Special Metal
4 DCE
3 Call
2 Metal
1 Warp

= 14

Yep, that was difficult...

Bloodbane -

You either choose a 1-1 Staraptor FB Lv.X and an Uxie, or a 2-1 Uxie Lv.X. Not both. Drifblim can easily be taken out as can a Spray and a Lucario GL. So that's... 5 Spaces already? Oh, and let's not forget the Psychic Energy. So 6 spaces all together. Call only needs 3 spaces. What's the point of having all these techs, if you don't have the consistancy to get them out in the first place? Or what if you get donked before you even take your 2nd turn? It's all about getting the right balance of techs and consistancy. Less clunk, more funk.

Just wondering, but on the subject of Dchomp (I KNOW I'm about to get flamed/noobed) but are Bats really needed?

Can't agree with you more, Call is sick in the deck.

I certainly don't want to get donked in best of one at States, and I won't let luck decide my destiny at a tournament. A call can turn an Azelf start into an Azelf start with a Garchomp and a Dialga. It's such a huge difference.
This would be my energy count:

4 Special Metal
4 DCE
3 Call
2 Metal
1 Warp

= 14

Yep, that was difficult...

Bloodbane -

You either choose a 1-1 Staraptor FB Lv.X and an Uxie, or a 2-1 Uxie Lv.X. Not both. Drifblim can easily be taken out as can a Spray and a Lucario GL. So that's... 5 Spaces already? Oh, and let's not forget the Psychic Energy. So 6 spaces all together. Call only needs 3 spaces. What's the point of having all these techs, if you don't have the consistancy to get them out in the first place? Or what if you get donked before you even take your 2nd turn? It's all about getting the right balance of techs and consistancy. Less clunk, more funk.

Laddie. I've played DialgaChomp for 9 months. I KNOW what the right balance is, and that's 0.8 tech Cards for each consistency cards. Consistency is there, not perhaps visible by theorymon. Test and THEN say.

Oh and this really isn't the place for Deck Garage. Post the last comment, I won't answer anymore.

EDIT To ANSWER SHADOWGUARD:

4 ENergy Gains to ease the luxchomp matchup. 2 Power SPrays is semi-bad. Yeah, but tha'ts only IMO.

Last edited:
I ran Call Energy in my Dialgachomp that placed 5th in Prague Cup, and it did its job. However, it's very tight in the energy section if you do, so it depends on the player. If you run Conductive Quarry, you can cut a Special Metal energy.

No Room at all. Nothing. Would have to take out critical parts of the deck.
11 energy? That's very low for Dialgachomp. btw you could easily cut one Energy Gain (4 of them in Dialgachomp?!), one Power Spray and one Stadium card.

Laddie. I've played DialgaChomp for 9 months. I KNOW what the right balance is, and that's 0.8 tech Cards for each consistency cards. Consistency is there, not perhaps visible by theorymon. Test and THEN say.

Oh and this really isn't the place for Deck Garage. Post the last comment, I won't answer anymore.

I don't care if you've ran Dialga for '9 months', it doesn't prove anything. All it does is show how bad a deck builder you are looking at your list. It's all about achievments, not how long you run a deck for. So let me ask you, how has Dialga done at tournaments for you?

I've tested both, and all I can remember is donks and clunky starts. Swapped it right in again. So yeah, I'ma sayin'.

You completely ignored my point about donks too.

Also I just realised 4 Energy Gain. Clearly those 9 months haven't made a difference lol

Achievements?

BRs:

Won 1
2 4th Place
1 5th palce

CC:

2nd Place
4th Place

States:

4th place
Let's see what tomorrow brings, states see.

On average each tournament had 18 players
Look up the FINNISH forum and check if you want. Problem? You can't read it. Oh well, google translator maybe?

4 Gains to make Luxchomp matchup easier.

Oh yeah, clunky starts happen, whatever you do. Staraptor Helps with those starts.

Andt hat one last thing. I'm sorry if you think that list is bad. Just a Senior I am, that be it? Seriously, it's not bad, It LOOKS bad.

Last edited:
Achievements?

BRs:

Won 1
2 4th Place
1 5th palce

CC:

2nd Place
4th Place

States:

4th place
Let's see what tomorrow brings, states see.

On average each tournament had 18 players
Look up the FINNISH forum and check if you want. Problem? You can't read it. Oh well, google translator maybe?

4 Gains to make Luxchomp matchup easier.

Oh yeah, clunky starts happen, whatever you do. Staraptor Helps with those starts.

2 4ths and a 5th at BR's isn't good, all it does is put me off listening to you, seeing as a 1st at a BR wouldn't mean anything to me. And that's if you're a Master.

What divisision are you in? Which country do you come from? If you're in Seniors, and you're getting 4th and 5th at BR's, I don't really rate you as a Dialga player.

Dialga vs Luxchomp is the most I tested, and I never needed an Energy Gain with three in the deck.

Obviously they happen, but you want to prevent it as much as possible.

But you have to set Staraptor up, while hoping it won't get KO'd before you level up.

Once again, you ignore my point about donks.

And anyways, what happened to not replying again? lol

WElllllll... I think that it happened when we switched from Decklsit discussion to something else.

Also, Seniors and Finland. BRs that we had had round 15-20 players each.

http://pkmn.foorumi.eu/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=817 (CC, and weren't playing there)
http://pkmn.foorumi.eu/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=981 (states)

Haven't got any BR links, new forum see. LAst year seniors was bigger, but many people moved away.

Donks? Well, didn't we have a sort of discussion about donks some three months ago? Oh well. Rarely you have such a hand that you could be donked, and rarely there is machamp about ANYMORE. Even then it would require luck. But a fair point. Your are probs right at that. Defending my list anymore. Lol.

Edit: Okey, have to go now. Guess you won. Bye then gents, nice arguing with you.

Last edited:
Ok so you're a Senior in Finland getting 4th and 5th at BR's? I'm not being horrible to Seniors (I am one) but Masters are usually better (not all the time, but most of the time) and I'd like someone in Masters with a good achievment at CC's and States.

Every deck can donk, not just Machamp. Luxchomp probably donks more than Machamp, and that's the most popular deck out there.

Back