Sonic Heroes unlockables and no Chao???

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Cooltrainer Aaron, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

According to and NP Interview with Takashi Iizuka, one developer of Sonic Heroes, there are supposed to be many "surprises and secrets along the way."

I also noticed that he ignored the example of Sonic CD that the NP reporter mentioned.

Hmm, my guess would be that there are multiple unlockables:

For video games: I'd say that they'd unlock Sonic CD and Knuckles' Chaotix.

For mini-games: There are supposed to be a total of 8 types of mini-games.

For gameplay: Create your own team of Speed, Power, and Flight.

For other things: Who knows?

And there's no Chao in this one? What's up with that? I liked the Chao Garden in SA2B, but the gardens in SADX were not improved very well. I was hopping they'd perfect the system with Sonic Heroes, but it looks like they didn't include it.

What are you hoping will be unlocked in Sonic Heroes? and What are your thoughts of the elimination of Chao?

2. Dek

Dek New Member

For the Chao thing, I think its because a third Sonic Advance game wasnt released. Think about it, SA2B use SA and SADX used SA2 to activate the Chao garden.

As for unlockables, I hope for the following:

-classic games that havent been re-released yet.
    -teams/characters
    -more mini games
    -Time Trial
    -Expert Mode (every game has one)

3. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

I never liked the Chao raising system of either Sonic Adventure game. It was overly difficult in comparison to raising creatures like Pokemon or the Cows and Chikens in Harvest Moon. There is also not much inspiration to raising them besides getting any needed Medals.

4. Cooltrainer Aaron

Well, don't forget, the Sonic Adventures were originally for Dreamcast, and they had Chao Gardens.

Personally Arthas0, I think that they should have kept it in anyway. Because I never used the link cable anyway. I like to raise the Chao right there, on the Cube. And since there were so many errors in Sonic DX Chao garden, and Sonic Heroes has a new game engine, I was hoping they'd add some more Chao gameplay options and have the graphics smoothed out.

I was hoping for 5 different gardens, a Neutral, and one for each team.

5. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

The Chao cannot be eliminated. The Chao are ineliminable. That which is ineliminable cannot be unineliminabilitated. As a result of this inunineliminability, the Chao are omnipresent. They're there, in the game, they just decided not to appear anytime.

Bow to the Chao.

The Chao Garden was probably eliminated because Heroes isn't a port of a Dreamcast game. SA2B and SADX were based on Dreamcast games, which were custom-designed to make use of the machine's Visual Memory Unit. When they were rehacked for GC, the Gameboy was (clumsily, in my opinion) adapted to replace the VMU. However, there are absolutely no ways to make this work on X-Box and PS2. Without the Tamagotchi-style element, the Chao aren't as big a part of the game.

6. Cooltrainer Aaron

Well, they did have a costar role in DX. And since Cream is looking for Cheese's twin brother in Sonic Heroes, there should be a Chao garden to rasie them even if its only her doing the raising.i

7. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

wait a sec. to the guy who said that they didnt improve them much in SADX: SADX is ported from the original Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast. It is older then SA2:B. Sonic Adventure (1) depended very much on the VMU for chao raising. It emulated terribly to GCN because there was no VMU (some could argue that the GBA was used as a vmu, but there was no whole game designed for it [chao adventure was surprisingly amusing and almost challenging].)

Sonic Heroes wont have chao's because, as dunjohn said, its not a port of a DC game. Chaos were in SADX and SA2:B simply because it was a small extra and it would be easier just to leave in. Don't complain about the Chaos. The chaos were great on dreamcast for the 14 people who played the VMU game, but don't complain about them. The A-Life was clearly designed for DC.

PS. Yeah, im obsessed with sonic. Shoot me.
    PSS. I just recieved the japanesse copy of the game, i'll try to see what they stuck in there as a replacement.

PSSS. Re-releasing Knuckles Chaotix is very likely... some 9 people bought that game (including me); it was an excellent game, so it will most likely be released as an unlockable.

Edit: darn :D's.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2004
  8. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

I'm happy that a SEGA made game is finally on a Nintendo console. Sonic belongs with Nintendo.

Wait! Does that mean Sonic will be on the next Super Smash Brothers???

9. Cooltrainer Aaron

Well, there was a hoax on Smash Melee that Sonic and Tails were unlockable characters. But the problem is, I don't think they'd release another one for GameCube unless they REALLY improved both the gameplay and the graphics. That would be tough to do considering how far they've taken it already.

The next system they come out with I'm sure they'll have another soon after it is released.

10. nikePK

nikePK New Member

I doubt Sonic CD and Knuckles Chaotix will be included on the game. If they are, that's completely awesome though, as I've sooooo longed to play through Sonic CD ( i own Knuckles Chaotix already so yeah...)

I don't think I'll miss the Chao to much. They were fun in teh first dreamcast game, and they improved the chaos in the 2nd game (though the REST of the game suffered... ugg), but I'm glad they focused on the actual game and not the chaos.

Can't wait to snatch my copy when it comes out on Xbox.... woooo

11. Silver Chaos

Silver Chaos New Member

See, I wish they made a chao only game with a story mode, kinda like pokemon channel only you can move around the enviroment controling the chao. I think they didn't bring out the chao because for one resson they would have to have more because of the Chaotix team faction. They probably wernt given the time for the designs. Maybe in a future game the chao will return. Until then, send a mess load of Chao fan mail to sega asking for the return of chao or even a chao only game. If they do decide to make a chao game, it was my idea...ok?

12. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

TrueGamerX, first of all, Sonic belongs with Sega. They created him, and own all of the subsidary rights.
    Sonic will never be in SSB because Sega owns them and all of the rights as I said above. Because the Sonic franchise is worth ALOT of money, they aren't simply going to sell it to nintendo. Sonic Heroes was put out as a multiplatform because Sega needed to recouperate its losses with sega dreamcast. I consider myself the resident sonic expert. I will point out silly mistakes like that and laugh at them, just like I am prepared to do right now. *laughs obscenely*

13. Silver Chaos

Silver Chaos New Member

You spelled "a lot" wrong...In big, bold letters.*Laughs at Kyfogre22*. Its most likely, we will see a new sega system with better sonic games on it. Maybe Sonic Heroes. Its all based on how Sega and Sonic Team feel. They might give Nintendo permission to put Sonic in a SSB game.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2004
  14. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

Silver, I only use english on the internet, rarely when I speak. I'm sorry if i make gramarrical mistakes as I haven't spoken the language as a primary language for over four years.

Hopefully, Sega will return to the console buisness. They said they were leaving the console buisness after saturn, but we all know what happened there.

Sonic wouldn't work well in an SSB game anyway, imo.

15. Silver Chaos

Silver Chaos New Member

Well, then please don't make fun of people just because they have not the information required to talk about legal owning rights. I do agree he would be bad, but who dosn't want to unload Sonic Wind on Mario after what some of the people on the G4 message boards. They said Mario was better than Sonic!

16. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

*Laughs obsessively* Mario is a plumber. He's got nothing on sonic, except for the fact that he can unclog drains a tad faster and has a pretty nifty hammer.... but thats it! ;)

17. Silver Chaos

Silver Chaos New Member

Lol, I know. It so true! Sonic could kick Mario to the curb. He could even take both him and Luigi.

18. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

Luigi's pretty cool tho, Luigi could beat up mario in a fight any day!!! Go... you other guy!

Anyway, back on topic.

I haven't gotten too far in sonic heroes, but if its info you're looking for, check out http://sclassic.ssonicnet.com/forums/
    WARNING: This site is not approproate for all ages, if you are sensitive about swearing and vulgar language, please do not click this link.

Alot of people there have teared the game apart and have unlocked pretty much everything possible. Its a great source of sonic info.