Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sounds Greek To Me (DP-MD) *Article*

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmPoLeOnDudE

Hi! After looking through my collection; I found a stack of pokemon cards that many do not pay much attention to--->The Unown. Thus, I decided to challenge myself to create a fun deck with Unowns as the deck's only focus. Despite seemingly weak even for a deck of casual play, it does stand a chance against other fun decks. Any constructive criticisms are greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

Pokemon (22)
4 Unown Z SW
4 Unown E MT
3 Unown M MT
2 Unown Q MD
2 Unown T MT
2 Unown I MT
2 Unown L GE
2 Unown C DP
1 Unown P MD

Trainers (28)
4 Roseanne's Research SW
4 Prof. Oak's Visit SW
4 Pokedex HANDY910's DP
4 Dusk Ball MT/MD
4 Warp Point DP/MD
4 Super Scoop Up DP/MD
2 Night Maintenance MT/SW
2 Moonlight Stadium GE

Energy (10)
10 Psychic

Strategy & Card Explanations
Unown Z
Well; most of you may ask me why can this deck stand a chance against some other fun decks? The fact is Unown Z is perfect as a main attacker because it can remove as many damage counters from as many of my Unowns and place them on the Defending Pokemon! My opponent has to think twice before deciding on damage spreading.

Unown E
It has 2 main functions in this deck. Firstly, it gives +10 HP to an attached Pokemon and thus benefit with Unown Z. Secondly, it clears bench space for more Unowns.

Unown M
This card is just an amazing combo with Unown Z. Not only it has a possibility of a gust of wind effect with a coin flip, but either does 30 damage to the Defending Pokemon or to 1 of my benched Pokemon(which either way it still benefits me).

Unown Q
Free retreat anyone? This card is also used to clear bench space.

Unown T
This 1 combos with Unown M's Poke-power with its own Poke-power. It is just decent. Its attack is great as well. Able to choose a card from my opponent's hand WHILE LOOKING at his or her hand and shuffle it into the deck is incredible. The drawback of the attack is my opponent being able to do the same to my hand; but all those Unowns in my hand makes the decision difficult.

Unown I
The trainer card search engine. Its Poke-power makes it possible because i also have Unowns T, E, & M in the deck. Its attack is shabby but it may lend a hand at times.

Unown L
This card is so versatile. Its Poke-body can provide me with the extra Unown attacks I need. Its own attack enables me to recover cards i need late game.

Unown C
This is my Unown search engine. Nothing much to say about it.

Unown P
Its attack is what entices me because i run so many Unowns in this deck.

Trainers are generally self-explanatory but there are some points I have to make.

Super Scoop Up
Mainly used to nullify damage done to my Unowns and clearing bench space.

Moonlight Stadium
A replacement for Unown Q.

I hope you will like this fun deck and possibly more complex strategies can be made as more Unowns come into the game. :thumb:

Wow, this looks like a lot of fun. I really want to try this. I had always had this idea of the Unown deck in the back of my mind, but I didn't think it would ever stand a chance in the format. I'll see what this can do though.

The starts can be pretty inconsistent. M is the best. There are some nice tricks with warp, moonlight, T and M to do 50 for 1 T1(2nd) (if you can flip 2 heads) with weakness this will donk Ralts. But those are a lot of pieces to come together.

I can't see the resources needed to build ITEM as being worth it. I think that I might drop I and E for G and Plus Power. G's 50 for 2 nrg (if no damage) combined with Z's ability to remove damage might work.

As soon as the opponents figure out Z, I don't think that you will find them using spread attacks. Easier for them to focus on your active.

The deck has to win fast any with only 50 HP each, the opponent can sweep if you let them get any reasonable threat powered up. I guess M makes it possible (but not likely) using Magnet to stay a step ahead by attacking their set-up.

I have to say that it is a lot of fun to try and make these cards work together. There are lots and lots of options.

I don't really understand how it works. If they candy into anything with 120+ HP, what do you do? Unown T has an amazing hidden power, perhaps with wager you could just complete lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back