Spec's back with a brand new E-on Deck, 'Toxic Trees'

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Spectreon, Jan 28, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Well, after pulling another one, and finally having enough for a deck, I was thinking... why not. It can be devestating, and since I generally have alot of luck with flips, figured again why not. The card I pulled, and built this deck around is Sandstorm holo Shiftry. Its attack, while not the greatest, is made up for in its power... especially if swarmed. So here goes.....

Vers 1

4 Wurmple (Dr)
    2 Cascoon
    3 Dustox
    4 Seedot (Suprise)
    2 Nuzzles
    4 Shiftry (all holo)

4 ER2
    4 Shaman
    4 Mary's Impulse (flippidy flip flip flip!!!)
    1 Fisherman
    2 TV
    4 Rare Candy
    3 PETM
    3 Switch
    1 LPSystem

13 Grass
    2 Cyclone

Ver2

-2 Cascoon
    -3 Dustox
    -1 Grass

+3 Cacnea (posion payback)
    +3 Cacturn

The idea behind the first was I was using Dragons Wurmple anyways, so Dustox is a brutal addition... also with only 8 Basics, 50/50 shot at me starting with Wurmple

Idea behind Cacturn. Well, even though my Wurmple turn 1 odds drop to 4/11, Cacturn can be a great hitter while whittling down actives NRG.. and if the do hit me, POISONED!!!

The basic idea behind them both. Turn 2 Shiftry is easy, well 1 anyways... 2 by turn 4 hopefully, 3-4 by turn 6, and barring good flips, hard to beat... though it will constently loose to most Fire, especcially Blazekin decks since they allow multiple attachments per turn. Gardi can be tough, but since it has to daamge itself to add NRG, can hopefully be handled (plus having Gardi EX weakness doesnt hurt). Poison helps with the lack of possible damage.. whaddaya'll think?

2. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

well it's a good deck, but i only see one major thing that i'd change, well actually 2

a fire type would have some fun with this deck, so i'd tech in a small water type

and second, take out a holo shiftry and throw in a non holo

the ability to attack the bench while disabling their active works very nicely, just something to think about

3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Thats why I thought Cacturn... allows maxed Holo Shiftry, and has the same attack anyways (CCC Feint)

Yeah, Fire, Mostly Blaze goes to town. Other Fire can lose, with the NRG denial.... Blaze Thrives on discarding and attaching discarded NRG, making it impossible to deal with.... but since no one at my league has a E-on version of Blaze sides me, it may be worth a shot. Note there arent any other fire decks either... so for fun, at my league, this deck has little/no worries...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.